Boll & Branch Sheets

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Ken Anderson, May 29, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife bought a set of sheets from Boll & Branch that cost more than $200, and I thought it was crazy, given that, when I was single, I used hospital sheets, and and hadn't considered paying more than a few dollars for a sheet.

However, I have always had a problem with itching at night. I used to change sheets every night, and still it would feel, sometimes, like someone put itching powder in the sheets. I have been blaming the cats, although only one (sometimes two) of them are in our bed with us at night, and on top of the blankets, not on the sheets - and they don't hang out there during the day.

Then, there was the fact that I would feel that way sometimes when we were in hotels too, where there were no cats.

A few years ago, she bought some sheets that were a bit more expensive than our usual sheets, having a higher thread count, and I had less of a problem with them.

However, these Boll & Branch sheets are amazing. Not only is there no itch, but I rarely even turn over during the night, whereas I used to wake up often during the night to turn over or because I wasn't comfortable. I couldn't have imagined what a difference a set of sheets could make.

I still think that $200 is a bit much for a set of sheets, but they're supposed to last a long time too, so maybe it's not so bad.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds good....I'm one that's always fighting with my sheets for some reason and I get itchy too but always thought it was my dry skin...no animals in my bed so that's not it.

Maybe I'll save my pennies and try them.

How do they feel? Silky or more like regular sheets?

3. Ken Anderson

They are softer than regular sheets. I can't think of a better adjective.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I know the higher the thread count the better the sheets are supposed to be and of course the more expensive they will be too. But I've never really bought expensive sheets or thankfully had an itching problems with the sheets I have bought throughout my life. I am glad Michelle's expensive sheets stopped your itching Ken. It is bad enough that as we get older we find it harder to sleep as it is...and I can't imagine adding itching sheets to this too.

Ask Michelle if she has a solution for "cover hogs!" :) One sleeps in my bed every night and disrupts my sleep. :p

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I sleep alone, @Babs Hunt yet I'm always losing my sheets and cover. I move around a lot I think. I know I go from side to side a few times a night.

6. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I know these are expensive and I actually thought they would be more than that for a set. I've bought sheets that were unusable for me. I've looked at that website before. May need to look again.

Glad they are working for you.

7. Ken Anderson

They have even more expensive ones.

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sheets that are combed cotton are lovely and soft
    I bought some a couple of years back, loverly
    Then I ordered another set from Amazon and I accused the seller of them being 'fake' nothing like the sheets
    I wanted
    Ordered recently from another company - same problem !
    I'll have to get in touch with the name on the label and see what's going on .......:rolleyes:

9. Augusta Heathbourne

Augusta Heathbourne Veteran Member
    Registered

Your new sheets sound lovely; I have not heard of that brand and will go look online.

Since I learned how chemically intensive every phase of cotton farming is, I have wanted to buy the organic cotton sheets available online, but the expense keeps me from it. They are supposed to be much healthier to sleep in since we breathe in any stray fibers and chemicals present all night as well as have it against our bare skin, so any residues can be absorbed [supposedly].

10. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you buy them directly from their site? I'm getting terribly tempted to try them.

11. Ken Anderson

My wife bought them. Yes, I believe she bought them from their site.