Book Party For Kids And Grandkids

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Rachel Rodarte, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Rachel Rodarte

Rachel Rodarte Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi I know there are many of you who have grandchildren and I like to know if you can help me
    I'm having a Facebook party with Usborne Books on October 19th at 7 PM. They publish awesome kids’ books and I thought you would really love them as much as I have. It's a quick hour where we learn about the books and there will be prize giveaways, too. Would you like an invite?

If you like to join me add me as a friend on facebook "Rachel Rodarte" I really appreciated it.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee, this is the first time I've heard of a Facebook party. Truly, social media has many good uses and the list is growing. Now for that party, it is a very educational activity intended for children and adults as well. Maybe we can also have that activity here for some other intentions like awareness about our culture. It seems to me that the youth have been losing their touch on our culture because of social media, they seem to be "internationalized" with their mentality.

Rachel Rodarte likes this.
  3. Rachel Rodarte

Rachel Rodarte Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Corie,
    You have a good idea there, what would you have for your party?

Corie Henson likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Rachel Rodarte, my personal advocacy for children is the propagation of our indigenous games. It's more of a physical activity but this thread gave me an idea that Facebook party can also be a ground to cultivate something physical. Whenever we would have a children's party here at home, our parlor games are actually traditional games in our country, more of team games. And with the prizes as motivating factor, our parlor games are always a hit with the kids.

With Facebook party, I think it is a good idea to try holding a classroom session of sorts to teach the kids the mechanics of the indigenous games. And maybe in the future, we can hold a games olympics in person and not in cyberspace anymore.