Boxing For Parkinson's

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Sheldon Scott, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wonder if once the new neural pathways are created and the movements become rote, if alternate movements have to be introduced?
    One of the key factors of Parkinson's is the dramatic decrease of dopamine due to the death of dopamine producing cells, so I also wonder if new cells are produced by the re-wiring or if the increased call for neural transmitters helps vitalize the cells that are still functioning and also the causation for regeneration?
    It would appear that the workout incorporates the use of fast twitch A,B and also slow twitch muscle fibers which might lead to a better explanation of why boxing movements are so valuable.
    There's a lot of questions but there is a possibility that a study involving entangled pituitary cells might provide some of the answers. I guess it's time to crack the books!

Great information @Sheldon Scott and I will definitely be looking more into it!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know much about Parkinson's ...nobody that I know or knew personally had it.

Is it inherited? Other causes? Just random?

Guess I could google but that's not the forum way, lol.

Not making light...it's a serious condition and I'd rather hear personal stories.

Bobby Cole likes this.