Brady Bunch Kids Renovating House For Hgtv

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you ever watch the Brady Bunch tv show...…...I sure did. Seen both follow-up movies, which included A Very Brady Christmas.

Well, the kids, now adults, are renovating the inside of the house that was on the show for HGTV. The inside of the house looks nothing like the set the show was shot in. The front/outside was shown on the show only.

During a recent panel, Discovery executive Kathleen Finch revealed they are remodeling the interior of the Brady Bunch house to look like the show’s set:

"We’re rebuilding the house. The inside looked nothing like it did on TV, so we are making the inside look like the set. It’s insane.”

The series “will document the special moments between the Brady TV siblings Barry Williams (Greg), Maureen McCormick (Marcia), Christopher Knight (Peter), Eve Plumb (Jan), Mike Lookinland (Bobby) and Susan Olsen (Cindy) and HGTV stars Jonathan and Drew Scott (Property Brothers), Mina Starsiak and Karen E Laine (Good Bones), siblings LeanneandSteve Ford (Restored by the Fords), Jasmine Roth (Hidden Potential) and Lara Spencer (Flea Market Flip).”

Don't know if any of the renovations will be shown, but a Show showing the end of the renovations will be on the HGTV in September (it's hoped) for the 50th Anniversary of The Brady Bunch Show.

And, btw, both of the parents, Florence Henderson and Robert Reed have passed, as well as the Maid, Ann B. Davis.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, won’t be watching...not interested anymore but did watch the show when it was on.

Yes, know those people are dead...Florence Henderson being the most recent.

Robert Reed died long ago from AIDS....

Oops...forgot where I was....oh well.

No, not coming back.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Florence Henderson died on November 24, 2016, at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California at the age of 82. She had been hospitalized the previous day. According to her manager, Kayla Pressman, Henderson died of heart failure. Three days before her death, Henderson had attended the recording of Dancing with the Stars to support her friend and former on-screen daughter Maureen McCormick, who was a contestant. Pressman reported that Henderson had not been ill prior to her sudden hospitalization and that her death was a "shock". She was cremated, and interred at Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, Robert Reed died of AIDS. It was said that Reed felt very uncomfortable being next to Henderson in bed. The Director had to insist he do it.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

You do realise that the Brady bunch ''kids'' are mainly in their 60's ?...one or 2 of them are older than me

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Maureen McCormick admitted, during the interview about the renovation, how her and Greg (Barry Williams) had a "thing" going off-camera a couple of times, but nothing really came of it. Maureen tried to be a Country singer, but apparently failed at that.

We have a DVD Disco Party, co-starring Barry Williams, that has various disco groups in it, including the lady that danced with John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

The oldest is Barry Williams aka "Greg" at 64. Maureen McCormick aka "Marsha" is 62.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

and Christopher Knight is 62..( Maureen McCormick was born in 56 so that makes her 63) Eve Plumb is 61... susan Olsen is 57...and Mike Lookinland is 58

most of them the same age as me or older

The actors who played their parents were older than my mother, no surprise they're dead tbh!!

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Florence Henderson was 82, when she died. Barry Williams is the closest to my age. He's 64, but, in a few months/June, I'll be 70.

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Florence Henderson was born the same year as my mother.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

With the help of all of these Home Improvement and Renovation stars, I'm really interested in how the house will look. It is said that one lucky fan will even get the house for free.

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

There's a show on TV here where they choose a deserving family , usually it's someone who is an injured VET who is living in a home unsuitable for their needs (but not always, it could be a widowed mother with more children than she has room for example))... where the well known presenter gathers a whole bunch of builders and construction workers, kitchen fitters and painter and decorators,..and even neighbours... and they build a house or renovate an existing house to the highest standards for the family, for FREE !! All of this without the knowledge of the recipient.

They send the recipient away on a ruse that they've won a few days holiday at a hotel... and they secretly get on with the work, and when they return all of the workers are hiding before the Big reveal...

13. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Naw, leave the Brady bunch be. They're so yesterday. We live in a new age now. Deal us a new hand.