Break a Leg or Bust the Door Down

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Von Jones, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

An email I sent to my son last year...

Ok, I had been working the front and back yards since morning. Clayton left with Stephanie and took the little one with him at my request. So before I got started again I had to go to the bathroom. I closed the bathroom door and noticed the knob was loose. Umm, I thought, I'll have to fix that. Still in the bathroom I started cleaning and when I was done reached for the door knob and ... it didn't open. I giggled and pulled and giggled some more. "Why didn't somebody tell me about this doorknob." I thought. Well the giggling only made it worse. A bead of sweat formed on my forehead. Clayton's gone and he won't be back for a while. Johnny's at work and he won't be back until late---late!!!!! Oh my God!! I'm trapped in this bathroom.!!!! My t-shirt was getting wet from the sweat. Ok, think Yvonne, think... Oh there's a screwdriver. worse. think... ok...if I can get the hinges off ...let's see if that will work, of course it will, I've watched too many DIY shows for it not to work!!!! One down now for the bottom one. Darn!!! now I need something to pull the door out! Calm down ok God you can help me think...oh a hanger!! Well that didn't work. I turn around and looked out the bathroom window...Maybe if I call out for Marianne...no she'll laugh too hard while asking me how I got stuck in the bathroom. I'll be laughing too. Hmmm..if I climb out the window...I can tie sheets together no I'll probably break a leg. Back to the door... If I could just pull this door out!!! I stepped back and washed the sweat that was drenching me now. I'm going to get out of here!!!!!! I grabbed the screwdriver and dug and giggled until the latch just broke off --- walah!!!! I'm outta here!!!!!

Love Mom

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I have claustrophobia and the thought of being stuck in any room with no way to get out is nerve wrecking on me. I got stuck in an elevator once heading to the 10th floor. When the power came back on I was off on the 4th floor and walked up the stairs.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I also have claustrophobia and often will just walk to keep from begnning locked up in a small space. Glad you did not have to break a leg to get out of your bathroom.