Bring It On! President Trump Says

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump doesn't seem to mind at all about the impeachment proceedings that are going on. He has "choice", but nice words/names for all who are involved in it. A tv program was interrupted yesterday so the public could hear what he had to say about the impeachment thing.

IOW, folks, Mr. President Trump seems to be not afraid at all!

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Probably , most people have read, or at least heard about Mike Huckabee stating that President Trump’s administration could run for another 3-4 years because of the impeachment process going on.
    This seemed strange to me, and I didn’t see anything where Huckabee actually explained why he thought that. However, today, I read an article that might explain how this could work.
    Apparently, back when they were going to impeach then-president Richard Nixon, the Republican Congress passed a law that specified that if the impeachment didn’t go through, that Nixon’s term would be extended due to the impeachment proceedings.
    The law was specifically passed for President Nixon, because they felt that he would not be impeached, and the law was going to be removed after the Nixon impeachment trial.
    However, Nixon resigned, the law was never used, and it was never removed afterwards; so it is still there and could possibly also apply to President Trump if the impeachment is not passed in the Senate.
    In that case, the election could be moved up until at least 2023, or later, depending on how long this impeachment process extends.

https://apkdownloading.com/2019/12/...up-to-3-years-if-hes-acquitted-in-the-senate/

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Yvonne Smith Now, THAT would be interesting!! :D

I don't know if the 'other side' likes Trump any better, but I sure have heard and read how annoyed they are at their OWN side. It's hard for people to focus on the multitude of Democrats running for presidents, when the news is being dominated by a bunch of uninteresting impeachment crap. It may cause many of them to lose interest and not vote at all. That would be good for Trump.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Whilst the House dems have had 3+ years to do their worse, the president has also had the same amount of time for his staff to dig through the rubble and find some goodies on those who are so willing to prosecute him.
    By the time it’s over, I rather think that there will be quite a few democrat politicians leaving for other countries who we do not have an extradition agreement with.
    Or, at the very least, stuffing the millions they’ve made whilst in congress into coffee cans and burying them really deep where no one can find them. Ya know, those coffee cans in Switzerland and / or Cancun or Venezuela.

5. Yvonne Smith

I wanted to share this little video that has been making the rounds in the Trump-supporter Facebook groups that I belong to. The only version on YouTube that I can find is from MSN news, and the one online just says “Like a Boss” (describing our president), while this one has the reporter describing what happens.
    Apparently, anti-Trump protesters had blocked the road to the auditorium where President Trump was speaking.
    Obstacles do not stop our president, so he got out of the Limo, and he and his entourage walk up the side of the road, down some sort of drop-off (they have to jump), and through the ditch.
    This brings them to another road that has a side entrance to where he needs to go, so President Trump slips in the side door while the protesters are all standing out somewhere blocking the road to the main doors of the building.

This really speaks to me about our president !
    He could have easily called for more police to clear out the protesters, but that might have caused a fight where people got hurt, so he didn’t do that; He instead found a way to get where he wanted to go without causing any further issues with the protesters.
    Also, for a man in his mid-70’s, he is pretty darned agile !
    Hillary would have never made that jump, and neither would a lot of people his age.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't it a pity that your president needs 12 security people at the very least?.. however with regard the video.. I applaud him, he won't be taken down by the opposition and the naysayers, and prepared to get the job done... and lets not forget this is a man who is in his 70's too...

As an aside... ( not that we don't have our fair share of nutters here too) .. but Our Prime minister cycles to work sometimes.. with rarely any security at all ..

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

That video is from when he was running for President the first time. They've hated him ever since he announced he was going to run.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

You mean he has even more security people than way back then?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I have no idea. During the election cycle they're covered by secret service yo the max.

10. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

A President's security measures are not demanded or chosen by him. The Secret Service makes the rules and determines what is appropriate for any President and his family. It is their job to set the safety guidelines and his job to abide by those guidelines. If something happens to any president, they are the ones who have to answer for it. Our legal process has given them total authority to make the rules. :)

Before He can show up anywhere, they send a team ahead of that. What all they have to check and set up is amazing. They think of every minute detail. Lots of people had things to say about President Bush not going to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina, not realizing the Secret Service would've never let him do that. Initially, they wouldn't even let him land the plane he was in. He can't override them.

Lois Winters likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

12. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

My oldest son is a professor. He is a big liberal. Even he and his friends and students are now sick of her. :D

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

A dead horse just won't lie down sometimes will it?.

Our Brexit was held up due to remainers from the opposition doing there damnedest to get Brexit overturned and in doing so, just made our Prime Minister even more popular than he might otherwise be , and I feel that the Democrats have just shot themselves in the foot in the same way in their desperation to do anything to remove President Trump from office ,