British Film Star, Kenneth More

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Hal Pollner, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I have "A Night To Remember" (Titanic) and "Sink the Bismarck", both superbly acted by British Film Star Kenneth More.

In the Titanic film he played First Officer Lightoller, and in the Bismarck film he played Captain Shepard, who directed the hunt for the German battleship Bismarck from the underground Admiralty headquarters in London.

Excellent films!
    Hal

2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Bess Barber likes this.
  3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I suppose I should go check out some older movies. Every now and then I"ll watch one, but not usually. A good place to get them is at your public library. You can check out lots of them at one time....and it's free, Some library districts list their films online and you can just order them in advance. But, it's nice to go and see what all they have as well. If they don't have what you are looking for at one branch, they will check the other branches and get it for you.

Lois Winters likes this.
  4. Hal Pollner

Registered

That's good advice, Bess...but most of the older copies are in VHS format, so if you have a DVD-only player, you're outta luck.

I have a combination VHS-DVD player in my home theater, so I'm covered on my over 200 VHS movies and my hundred or so DVD films.

Cheers
    Hal

5. Hal Pollner

Registered

6. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

@Hal Pollner

The full film is on You tube, 2 hours of it and its free.

I think even to day its worth watching.

7. Hal Pollner

Registered

I'LL WATCH IT!

Hal

Tom Galty likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't watch movies anymore. My wife has full control over our only television set. We bought a new one a few months ago.
    I have control over the computer and that's where I get my news and entertainment mostly. Of course I san set in on anything
    the wife watches and if I request I can watch any program or sports event but having made the agreement I don't usually
    request to view anything. But there are exceptions. I want to watch the college championship game tonight and I have her
    permission to do so but I don't request often. I send emails for her and look up any information she wants to know about. My
    good wife doesn't care for movies. I'm not much on them either. We got rid of Netflix. And it is almost impossible to watch a
    movie on regular television because of the number of commercials. But, I'm sure all those mentioned above are dandies.

Tom Galty likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Registered

Tom, I watched "Reach For The Skies!"

WOW! What a heroic, unstoppable flier that Douglas Bader was!
    Flying Spitfires and Hurricanes in the Battle of Britain with artificial legs!

Great Film!
    Hal

Tom Galty likes this.
  10. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes a good film. About the life of Douglas 'tin legs' Bader.. Brit fiter pilot WW2.
    Another good Moore film is Fire Over Africa otherwise known as Northwest Frontier. A depiction of the turmoil following the partition of Pakistan from India.