Butterfly

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Von Jones, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Most of you know that go to the flea market on Sundays. It opens the first Sunday in April and closes the last Sunday in October. Sometimes I will set up to sell wares but it has been so hot and humid that I haven't yet. I not only go there to buy or sell but I find it to be very relaxing to walk around the market two or three times. I have met and made friends with some of the regular vendors and enjoy listening in to others conversations.

One of the vendors I call Jen sells plants and flowers among other items. She will tell you with the biggest smile ,that I have every flower in her garden in my own. Moving along, I was looking at a live plant arrangement when I noticed a pretty butterfly. Don't laugh but I starting to talk to it complimenting on how beautiful 'she' looked. It didn't fly away or flutter its wing as I expected it would instead if flew up and landed on my hand. Jen's eyes got so big as I continued to talk to 'her'. She still didn't fly away. I was so tickled. I thought 'I bet if I shake my hand 'she'll' fly away. I did but 'she' did not. I felt special at that point and began to ask 'Why isn't 'she' flying away?' Then Jen started telling me about how in Japan if a butterfly lands on you it is the spirit of a loss loved one and the Japanese believe in reincarnation. My jaw dropped because the arrangement I was looking at was for my daughter-in-law who passed away September last year.

I tried to upload a video of it still on my hand as we walked to my Jeep. Jen carried the arrangement and I was waving 'her' in the air so that everyone could see. Still not one flutter. We all walked back to Jen's station so I could get the other flowers I had purchased for my gardens. At that point 'she' fluttered down to the ground and then flew away. 'Her' job was done. The sale was completed and ready to be delivered to my son 'her' husband.

I can tell of this experience many times and remembering something I forgot to tell before and with just as much excitement as the day when it happened. My heart is warmed at the thought that Amanda, my daughter-in-law, visited me at the flea market.

Have you experienced any thing like this that you would be willing to share?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

What an absolutely lovely story @Von Jones I think these are moments when we feel God smiling on us.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I love that, Von!! Amazing, and you look so cute.

I will share a similar story. A very close friend's husband was diagnosed with a muscle-wasting disease several years ago. I can't remember exactly which one... maybe muscular dystrophy. Anyway, he gradually lost muscle tone and had to walk haltingly with a cane at age 40. One evening they were sitting out on their patio and he was watching a small hummingbird flit from one of their feeders. He jokingly told Brenda, "When I die, I'm coming back as a hummingbird. They are such strong little fellows."

A few months later, he died. After his funeral when all the guests had gone home, Brenda and their two children drove back out to the cemetery shortly before dark. As they stood there, a hummingbird flew up to them, circled the gravesite a few times, and flew off into the dusk. Brenda said she knew that hummingbird wasn't Kenneth... but she took it as a sign that he was OK and not suffering any longer.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Von - heard of similar stories, truly wonderful
    A similar story to Beth, can't remember the bird that the husband was fond of, but one flew down the aisle of the church and
    landed on the coffin, then flew away

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh wow Von...they're fabulous photos...I absolutely believe that Japanese tale, but here we believe in white feathers....

I really hope that your Daughter-in-law had come to visit with you.. awww...so lovely

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Willie Nelson - Butterfly

Patsy Faye and Von Jones like this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

”Butterflies are God’s confetti, thrown upon the Earth in celebration of His love.”K. D’Angelo

For the Caterpillar its the end - for the Butterfly, a new beginning

Nancy Hart and Von Jones like this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

DSC_0115.JPG DSC_0116.JPG

Attached Files:

11. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member