California Scientists Developing Cow-free Dairy Milk From Gmo Yeast And 3d Printed Milk Proteins

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Ken Anderson, May 31, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

-- AltHealthWorks

This came out in January but I missed it then, so what do you think? You can probably tell what I think by the fact that I put it in the science rather than the foods category.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

GMO is going to be the evil that will turn on itself. When people learn that when you play God it will back fire.
    The BS that GMO were better than natural and it will save the world is now in question. They turned corn and soy into an insecticide and nothing said. People are waking up now it is time for the government to react

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno how. The FDA is probably the most corrupt part of the government so until some of the fire power they have is taken back similar to what has happened to the EPA recently, we’re pretty much stuck with it. Sad but I believe it’s true.

Don Alaska and Martin Alonzo like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This seems similar to the articles about the “beefsteaks” that are made without beef. It truly seems like we get closer to that old “Soylent Green” movie every day now.
    Is there anything that God created that mankind does not want to re-create artificially ?

I was reading about human remains being used as compost now in Washington State. For years, we have been told that we should not put any kind of meat scraps into the compost piles, but now, it is fine to compost people ?
    Another thing that I have been thinking about lately, and that is with all the information that has come out about animals that are being raised for food, and being totally fed on grains (mostly GMO modified grain besides).
    Pasture-raised cattle and sheep, free-range chickens, and other similar “out-dated” ranching methods are now back in style and command a higher price than the grain-fed cattle that used to set the standards for beef.

This brings me to my thought.
    What about pork ? Pretty much pigs have been kept in pens and fed scraps of all kinds as well as grain mash. This is not nearly as recent a thing as keeping cattle in feedlots is, but has been the standard way of raising hogs for many years.
    God said that pork was unclean to eat, and certainly a pig’s food preference is not being out in a grassy pasture.
    Chickens also eat meat and scraps and bugs, given the chance, but seem to be okay under the Bible definition.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Unfortunately, for chickens, "free range" means the birds must "have access to the outdoors for an undetermined period each day," according to the USDA. Having "access to the outdoors" does not necessarily mean they have room to walk around. When people begin demanding things that make sense, the government simply defines them in such a way as to undermine the intent. I think they redefined what it means to be "organic" too. For whatever reason, the US government has long played a role in supporting Monsanto and GMO.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Bobby Cole the FDA is run by the drug companies. I remember when I think Sanyo wanted to come out with a silver impregnated keyboard for computers so that bacteria and viruses could not live on the keyboard. The FDA told them it would have to be listed as a pesticide which would have killed sales for people who did not know. The FDA did not tell Kellogg corn flakes need to be listed as an insecticide.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Scary the way things are going, but not nearly as scary as in China. (Video is 25 minutes but worth the time.) PLEASE don't buy food imported from China, or feed it to your pets.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

A big concern here is that many US-based manufacturers of pet and people food outsource some of their ingredients from China. A few years back, when pets all over the United States were dying from Chinese pet foods, several of the brands involved were US brands. I am hoping that Trump has fixed this problem by now but, as of a few years ago, it was cheaper for US chicken distributors to ship chickens from the United States to China for processing, and then back to the United States, than to have them processed here, given that the US taxpayers were subsidizing Chinese shipping. Under the Obama Administration, there was a ruling that the US-based company did not have to disclose any Chinese connections.

Bobby Cole likes this.