Can You Pull The Trigger?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Faye Fox, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, they get them underground with serial number taken off.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Herb Durant

Herb Durant Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Part of the problem is Canada is a vast country we have thousands of miles of unguarded borders guns and drug trafficking is a daily occurrence. the scary thing about these shootings is they are happening in our neighbourhoods restaurants, gas stations any ware is a killing zone for these guys.

3. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

And imagine what it would be like if Mexico was on the other side of your southern boarder instead of the good ol' U S of A. (No disrespect to all the fine folks in Mexico.)

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Herb Durant

First solution: have no "little Johnnys" around. Second, if you do, train, train, train from earliest age possible that he must RESPECT parents' admonitions and warnings 100%

Frank

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Hoot Crawford

Your disdain for my remarks is understandable. They are made to suit the generality situations, borderline cases and so on. That you do not fit the "typical" is nothing to get upset about. BTW, armed though I am, I still keep a shovel behind my front door.

Frank

6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Herb Durant

Could the "killing zones" not be greatly reduced in both scope and number by allowing the proprietors of businesses to be trained and armed?

Frank

7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Hoot Crawford

One of the most persevering rumors is the stereotyping of Mexicans as being "people who kill each other". Stereotypes, however, do not arise out of thin air; they are usually related to fact from the past.

Frank

8. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh

Interesting thought. Let's say a guy is out target shooting, and a cop drives up, requesting to look over his firearm. If it has NO SERIAL NO. it will immediately be confiscated, the guy charged summarily, and that particular gun may very well wind up in the cop's private collection (or his buddy's).

Why would ANYONE, ANYWHERE, prefer to be found in possession of a serial-less gun? If anything, emboss it with a FAKE S/N.

Frank

9. Herb Durant

Registered

Most of these hits are drive by shootings they steal a car make their hit then torch the car a few miles away. These gang bangers live in affluent neighbourhoods people know who they are but remain silent unfortunately every once in while innocent people get killed one that comes to mind is a family driving home the little boy sitting in the back seat was hit by a stray bullet and died.
    This may sound corny but we sure could use a Dirty Harry around here.

10. Herb Durant

Registered

Being an old goat now my weapon of choice would be a 12 gauge assault rifle if I pointed it in the general direction I'm sure to hit something unfortunately in my part of the world they are restricted anything short of a bee bee gun needs to locked up per our laws .

11. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Would not that be a 12 ga shotgun not a rifle? also very slow to start as described, also we have done the stage with the bad guys having children hostages holding them so head shots instead of COM on one of them, we will have another match Saturday a small one with about only 75 rounds shot, I cant wait. Sometimes a hit on a hostage is an auto DQ. We do take these stages much more serious than just hit something with family pets and children portrayed in them. No negative intended at all there.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  12. Herb Durant

Registered

I was waiting for the shotgun comment :)I live alone with a African Grey parrot so I'm not worried about head shots if I was an intruder I would be more worried about my Grey he can be one mean bastard .:)

13. Herb Durant

Registered

Please excuse my ignorance I got lost in all these post and acronyms my only experience with firearms is with the Canadian Armed Forces that was a very long time ago but I've never forgot my training I was efficient at my job totally different thing that we are talking about here I'm trying to understand what exactly you belong to its purpose.
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful just trying to understand your post.

14. Herb Durant

Registered

Ben there done that a very long time ago

Attached Files:

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This thread is not for a general discussion about guns. I am pretty sure we have another thread for that. If not, feel free to start one.