Can't Live Without It

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Sir Walter Pasty, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Sir Walter Pasty

Sir Walter Pasty Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

The list is long and many of the things are much more important than these two little gadgets but they do make my life a little easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My spouse, my children, my grandchildren, and my siblings. :)

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter...

However on a lighter note... it would be difficult to enjoy life now without my computer... or my camera...

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree with Babs and Holly..obviously my family first and then my i's...pad, phone, watch. :)

Ohhhh, almost forgot Pickles.

Actually there's too many things I can't live without...I'm a creature of comfort.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that we all would put our family, friends, and pets at the top of our lists; but aside from that, and the basic necessities of life that we enjoy (heat, running water, indoor plumbing, major appliances, etc.) , I guess the thing that would be really hard for me to not have is a vehicle. Maybe that belongs on the basic necessities list, at least for most of us, but we do have some folks, like @Lon Tanner , who no longer need a vehicle.
    As far as small things, then it would be my iPad.
    I love my iPad !
    And as Chrissy said, along with the iPad comes the iPhone, and Apple Watch.
    Little stuff...... the movable shower head, kitchen faucet that has a built in sprayer. Ice maker in the double-door refrigerator. the Vitamix blender.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

In the tech department the things I wouldn't want to live without are my laptop, my central cooling and heating system, and my phone. :) I like my vehicle but if I knew I would have someone else to take me wherever I feel the need to go...I'd get rid of it tomorrow.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Air conditioning

Bobby Cole and Sir Walter Pasty like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, we are going to find out, once my wife quits her job and we move...…….what we will have to live without. Right now, and a couple of years after we move, we will live pretty comfortable, but after that.

Will definitely, without a doubt, not have some of the things we do today, including my Medicare, Supplement and Rx Plan. It will be "all the way" with the VA.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Setting aside my mainstays (God and wife) I can pretty much make it without everything else except the ability to “do”.
    As long as I am mentally and physically able to “do” whatever, I’m good to go.

11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Going along with @Yvonne Smith ..and similar to @Bobby Cole ..if you take away the modern inventions such the ''Eyes'' pad, phone etc... or the computer, and smart tv's, and think about what your parents didn't have , and you could only choose 3 things ''modern'' apart from the aforesaid 'eyes'' ... I would definitely choose.. Central heating ( hot water on tap)...Modern washing machine... and definitely double glazing...

I could cope with everything else much more easily if I had those 3 things my parents didn't have...