Carriage House Project Completed

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Von Jones, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

He does have a membership at the country club but that's his putting green, lol.

I don't even know if the rules would allow a little house on the property...the rules are very strict...no swing sets even, no high fences. Etc.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I imagine that wouldn't go over very well. But it sure might give the SIL a bit of indigestion. :D:D:D:rolleyes:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The "Carrage House" has made a comeback in today's "mansions". It is basically a 3 or 4 car attached garage, with a tiled floor and hanging chandeliers, fronted by standard sized windows.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpeg

This is an arial view of her house. It's the grey two story in the middle.

You can see the putting green way in the back. The area behind that is still part of the property and that's where all snakes and wild things hide. :)
    @Ina I. Wonder

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.png

Here's a wider view, that's the community pool which only the 17 yr old uses. The weather there isn't pool friendly. He just cuts through and walks down the hill.

All that area behind the houses is where I wouldn't walk. Snakes, Bobcats, coyotes and that's why we don't let pickles out except to pee. If he went down there he'd never return. :(

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I know....by this time next year I will be there. It's hard to tell in the pic but it's a hilly area.

A little cute tiny house in the back would be perfect though, but that won't happen. If a swing set isn't allowed...

Eventually my daughter will downsize but not until the 13 yr old is out if the house...maybe their next house could have a casita on it or whatever they call those mother in law houses.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I love the pics @Von Jones and @Chrissy Cross, they're both very nice, in different ways, of course. I wouldn't want to be walking where all the snakes, bobcats and coyotes are, but then again, we have snakes, bobcats,coyotes, wild hogs and gators here, and I still walk, but they're usually only out at night, except the gators and snakes. I do sometimes see gators and snakes when I'm walking, but I've only seen one snake on the path I was walking on, and that was a dead one. I'd love to live in a carriage house. I just need someone to adopt me.

Von Jones and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My initial thoughts was trying to convert the carriage house into liveable space but as mentioned in another post it's extremely expensive even if I considered Johnny's idea to rebuild the character that I loved about it would be lost forever.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.