Cataracts

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Brittany Houser, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder the first thing I noticed about cataracts before I seen the optician was I almost bumping into people
    in busy supermarkets I'd appeared to lost my sideways sight if that makes sense ..I had to actually turn my head to see ,it was like tunnel vision ..I had one eye done about 5 years ago ..and that was strange for a while getting my "good" eye to cooperate with the still to be fixed eye ..it was almost like the "sore" was was doing somersaults trying to focus ,after I had the second eye done, it solved the issue. My distance eyesight is now excellent ,I don't need glasses to watch TV
    only reading . I devolved a bit of plaque under one of the lens about 2 years after having the surgery however that was fixed by less than a minuite of laser treatment .I would recommend any one getting it done it certainly changed my eyesight for the better

Ina I. Wonder and Babs Hunt like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My optometrist said my cataracts are just starting to develop and that it should be a few years before I would need surgery but when I do need it I will have it because I love reading and don't want to have to give that up.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.carefoundation.co.uk/4-eyes-benefits-grape-seed-extract/

Looks like the UK has been studying grape seed extract for quite awhile. I wish the US would spend more time researching natural remedies for health instead of making new chemical drugs that are just a bandaid for the health problem usually and end up having really bad side effects in so many cases.

Even though I read in another thread that someone is taking grape seed extract for allergies (which I do have too) I decided to try this extract for my developing cataracts also. I just ordered a bottle of the 100mg as I do not want to begin with a higher dose. I am hoping I can get my Honey to try some for his AMD too.

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Brtttany, the Cataract surgery is a piece of Pie! (Not Cake.)

Your Opthamologist will administer a local anasthesia, so you won't have to "go under" unless you want to.

I had both of my eyes done a few years ago, with a few months between eyes.

Your natural "lens" is replaced with a synthetic one because it has become cloudy and renders images less distinct.

Check out the online diagrams of the eye, which show the Cornea, Iris, and Lens.

The picture of me is when I came home from my first operation and was instructed to keep the patch on for 24 hours.

Hal
    237.JPG

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well @Hal Pollner did you have the laser or regular surgery? How long was it before you could drive again?

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

From my research cataracts are from oxidation damage to the lens and can be corrected in early stages. I have been trying for years as I have one slowly getting worse. Allergies from my research is caused by a phobia of the immune system and can be reversed. NLP has techniques for that but it has to be combined with a phobia cure as well. Look back at the Pavlov dogs experiment when he rang a bell and fed the dogs. The dogs digestion related to the bell and not food. So for example if you got a vaccine which causes a reaction in your body to stimulate an immune response and in that particular vaccine there was peanut oil could you get an allergy to peanuts???

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It can't hurt to try natural remedies for cataracts and I would rather try something natural then a chemical pill any day.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

You are 100 % right

Babs Hunt likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Registered

Babs, I had the regular surgery.

I could drive the next day.

H.P.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hal Pollner I read that having the surgery often makes your vision so much better that you don't need the same strength in your eyeglasses anymore...did you find this to be true?

11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife and I had cataract surgery several years ago. She had and still has an eye disease but cataract surgery hellped her vision. After my surgery I was again 20/20 but a few months later i had a retina detachment in the left eye. Ignorant of the problem i waited too long to seek medic al assistance and lost sight in my left eye. I wear glasses now but but with glasses still 20/20. The cateract surgery was a must. I was to the point where reading was not possible and driving called for increased caution. I did read retna detachment was more common among those who have had cateract surgery.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

You're welcome. I drink Bilberry and Ocuvite. I started eating a bag of 12 oz. spinach every month. My doctor was so delighted when I dais I started eating spinach.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Hal Pollner

Registered

No Babs, it's not true.

Cataract surgery does not eliminate your need for corrective glasses.

Corrective glasses correct for near and far-sightedness, which have nothing to do with the sharpness of the image on your Retina.

You'll still need your glasses, but your image will be SHARPER because you've had your LENS replaced.

Hal

Babs Hunt likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That's fine with me...I just want to be able to keep reading and driving. :)

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife had surgery for cataracts, both eyes, done late last year. Her vision was immediately improved to 20/20 in one eye, 20/30 in the other, both excellent for one who has had glasses for well over 60 years!

Lately, she has noticed blurriness in one eye. Today the eye dr. proclaimed it caused by "secondary cataract", telling her it occurs after about 50% of original surgeries. She will need laser surgery. On the way home, we both wondered if some scam was forthcoming, since the dr. never mentioned this possibility before or after her surgeries.

She researched this, and found about 50% of cataract surgeries result in secondary problems. It's described pretty well on-line. After reading this info, the frequency mentioned coincided with today's dr's. description; we feel better now. Earliest possible date for the process in mid-May.

Frank

Patsy Faye likes this.