Celebrating Cinco De Mayo This Saturday?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 2, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Even though this isn't an American holiday, there sure is a lot of folks that will head to their favorite Mexican restaurant and celebrate. Funny that most, if not-al,l of those that celebrate are American decent, except for the Mexican entertainment.

Where we go, the place is packed and local law enforcement is there to direct traffic. We know the Mariachi singer (Jorge) who is there in full Mariachi costume. Excellent singer in Spanish. The side parking lot is roped off for a DJ and chairs for sitting. Towards evening, there is costumed Mexican dancers that at excellent dancers. One darkness sets in, Mexican dancers in Aztec Indian costumes do a Fire Dance, with drums beating.

We have a good Mexican dinner and a couple of margarita's and shots of Tequila. One fantastic evening! This Saturday a couple we know will join us. That will make the "fun" all the more "fun"!! Looking very forward to it.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Well-Known Member
    Registered

It isn't even much of a Mexican holiday. I think it is celebrated more in the U.S. than Mexico. I, however, will not be celebrating. I don't like tequila or Corona, and there is a lot of garden prep work to do.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Man, if you'd go to the restaurant we go to, you sure wouldn't think its not much of a holiday. The people in it are definitely partying and having all kinds of fun. But, Jose Cuervo or 1800 Tequila will do that to a person. Add some hot Mexican Salsa music to it and look out.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Had a ball at the restaurant on Cinco de Mayo. Met the owner of the restaurant and had "by the front door" parking (Handicap). The parking lot is fairly small, so most people had to park down the street and walk to the restaurant. Due to a middle divider, we had to make a U-turn and that's when my wife seen the Handicap spot available and we told the guy in charge of parking and he let us in. Jorge, the Mexican singer, dressed in a Mariachi outfit was there, along with Mexican ladies dancing in beautiful dresses and Mexican dancers dressed in Aztec Indian attire doing a Fire Dance. Quite the evening and definitely fun. Next post is a picture I took of one of the Mexican lady dancers in her beautiful dress.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered