Chainsaw Sharpening Basics For D I Y Women

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Faye Fox, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry, but I was a "weekend cowboy" in professional rodeo. You didn't know that? I worked full-time in the electronics industry. All the guys I knew, that done rodeo as well, had full-time jobs. I never worked a ranch in my life, however, did help my step-dad on a small hog farm. I have never been into "hard outdoor work", but fun outdoor/indoor arena Team Roping was great. I absolutely loved having an office and all of the things that go with it, like computer, etc.. The hardest outdoor work I do these days is helping my wife take care of our powerboat or doing a little maintenance work on our vehicle...….BUT, very little vehicle maintenance work.

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This is the best video on how to sharpen a chain. As I mentioned earlier, unless one hits a nail or rock or runs in the dirt, sharpening every gas fill or second battery charge, doesn't take long and is simple. As so many things in life, constant and timely attention saves a lot of time and aggravation.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Finally got around to sharpening the saw Saturday. I bought one of those metal brackets long ago to hold the file, but couldn't find it, so I did the best I could without it. :rolleyes: You can sort of feel the difference, I think, when to quit...when it doesn't drag. We'll see.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If file is gliding easy then it should be sharp.

Nancy Hart likes this.