Changing My Hair Color!

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember years and years ago when I my godchild went to Nursery School the Lady who owned the School had the prettiest shade of light lavender hair. I had never seen anyone with hair colored any shade but blonde, brown, black, or red...even those with "frosted" hair colors still stuck to a blend of those colors. I don't know who did her hair but it was beautiful on her and I still remember her hair to this day, but for the life of me I can't remember her name. :)

That's a pretty color you chose @Yvonne Smith. How does it make you feel? ;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that I like it, @Babs Hunt . I have colored my hair for many years, and now that it is white/silver, I wanted to do something to get rid of the colored ends besides cutting my hair short and letting it grow back out. I saw the Féria pastel shades, and decided that it would take out the old color, and as it fades out, it should be not very different from my natural color. Then, I will just leave it natural and continue letting it grow out again.

Ina I. Wonder and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

Just got around to reading this thread and must say that I love your new look. Wish that I was brave enough to do the same.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

After the episode with the smoky blue Féria color, I have been afraid to even try putting on the lavender, which is the color I wanted in the first place. The blue did take out all of the yellow and left my hair a nice silvery color, once the bright blue on top faded down; but I was afraid that the lavender might be the same way, and then I would have purple on top and grey on the bottom, or some other odd mixture.
    I finally decided that it would be worth it to go to the beauty school and have it done professionally. They charge $25 to do the color, and then $5 for the shampoo and blow dry, so for $30, I could have everything done.
    The only problem was that they didn't have a pastel lavender, and the closest they had was a light pink color. For another month or so, I thought about that, and finally decided that it was still a better option than using the Féria, and having it turn out bad. I am going to Idaho the end of the month for my grandson's graduation; so I want my hair to look nice for the trip and visit.
    Yesterday, I had it done.
    It is not a pastel pink by any means; but it is pretty and is a color that I can wear okay. The closest color I can think of is rose-gold. It is not pink, and not blonde; but somewhere in between. It does not look as startling as the pastel lavender does, and it is darker than I expected, too; but that part will fade out.
    Here is a picture that I found online of a color that is very close to the way mine now looks.
    IMG_0469.JPG

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That picture is a gorgeous colour
    Temporary colours are good, they wash out in 2/3 shampoos, a good way to experiment :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

It is a pretty color, @Patsy Faye , just not the color I was expecting from the swatch that they showed me. It was lighter and more of a soft pink color. However, once this starts to fade out, it may fade into that color. This is not a temporary color, so it will not fade out in 2-3 washes like those do, but because my hair underneath is white/grey it does gradually lighten back up again.
    It is closer to a natural color, which is probably better for going on a trip and to a graduation ceremony, so I think that it all ended up well. I can add colored highlights with the color chalk if I want to, so I will probably experiment with doing that, too.

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Just be careful with this brand...i sold many of hair colors in my line of work. The biggest complaint,,the dye comes off on pillows. Having said that, they were the darker colors. Have always colored my own, using a comb thru...before that idea even came to market. Plus I went gray for two years, it was -um okay...but hubby and others were glad when I went back to my red hair:D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Love red hair ! :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I was a strawberry blonde as a child and you'd think I would look good with red hair...but I don't. Tried it once.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Depends on the red though, strawberry blonde is nice
    I like coppery tones or cinnamon on meself :rolleyes:

11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I only look good in light shades, look washed out with anything else.

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep, everyone's different
    I like the way a warm red affects pale skin, very nice

13. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Me, too.

14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting. Reading these comments reminds of the many things that have never crossed my mind.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Now I'll be wondering all day, just what those thoughts are :rolleyes:
    @Bill Boggs