Cher At 72

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babs Hunt, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I've always loved Sonny and Cher and thought Cher had a wonderful singing voice that never reached its full potential because someone didn't pick the right songs for her to sing.

When she was singing with Sonny I understood that because his voice was not that great she probably had to tone hers down too so they could perform together. After they split I feel she has been free to let her voice come into full bloom.

Here she is now 72 years old still singing and performing...and still looking great too. That's amazing to me that at 72 she is still singing, performing, and looking great. :)

I don't care how long I work out at Anytime Fitness...I will never have a body like that at 72! And even if I did...I just wouldn't know what to do with it at that age. :p

50C69CB000000578-6219217-Sonny.jpg cher.jpg

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Cher has won a Grammy Award, an Emmy Award, an Academy Award, three Golden Globe Awards, a Cannes Film Festival Award, a special CFDA Fashion Award, and a Kennedy Center Honors prize, among several other honors. She has sold 100 million records worldwide to date, becoming one of the best-selling music artists in history. She is the only artist to date to have a number-one single on a Billboard chart in each decade from the 1960s to the 2010s. And, whether you like Cher or not, she is a survivor and I like that.

Chrissy Cross and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes she is @ Bill Boggs. :) But I really like her for all those other things you mentioned too. :)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

One of my favorite movies is Moonstruck. Particularly liked the ending at the breakfast table.

[​IMG]

Chrissy Cross and Bill Boggs like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've always been ..maybe not a fan, but certainly enjoyed most of her music, and I think she has a superb voice. At 72 when other no classically trained people's voices are beginning to perhaps get a little reedy, hers is a powerful as ever.

her latest fantastic achievement is singing a song..SOLO... that took 4 of the best harmonising voices in the world to pull off, from Mama Mia the movie, Cher has released an album of ABBA songs...

I love her singing this the best....

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

She looks great! I'm sure she's had some work done but at least it's not fake looking.

I loved all the movies she was in...surprisingly a good actress!

10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Okay, so here's a toast to Cher. Cheers.