Chinese Conspiracy And World Take-over?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Holly Saunders, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Any Thought on my posts with regard to Africa, folks?

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I was going to reply, but I wanted to follow the thread to the end to see if my points had already been addressed. From what I can learn, @Holly Saunders the Chinese are after resources. They are rich in some things, like the rare earth metals, but carbon-based resources are not sufficient to maintain their economy ( Global Warming be damned). What they want most in Africa is what they don't have, oil and gas as well as metals. They see Africa as a field ripe for picking that most of the West doesn't care about. They can pillage Africa, and as long as they pay off the strong men at the top, nobody cares what they do with regards to the environment, human rights, or anything else. China a number of years ago was said to be trying to corner the copper market, ignoring for the most part gold and silver. Nobody was paying attention to the copper supply, although it is essential for modern society and China has control of a lot of it. I don't know what the current strategy is, but I suspect they are trying to gather as many resources as possible that the rest of the world relies upon. That way, they cna do what they want to on the international political stage without real interference.

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

You see, you've pretty much summed up my thoughts on the whole Chinese presence within Africa, Don....

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't have much to add, but I agree that China has a large presence in Africa. The United States, on the other hand, spends a lot of money on Africa but fails to get anything in return (not even goodwill), while China tends to control whatever they invest in. Oh well. The European powers pillaged Africa for centuries, so I guess it's China's turn.

5. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

China is not just pussy footing around in Africa either. In 2017 a McKinsey & Company report estimated that there are more than 10,000 Chinese-owned firms operating in the Dark Continent.

What is more its pillaging is not an overnite thing it has been going on for three decades.

China has insidiously worked its way into Africa by establishing ‘private’ contractors who then bid for building work and underbid all local opposition by being state-funded. Many local firms were thus put out of business.

Their "aid projects" starting with the TanZam railway on the Tanzania/Zambia border were funded not by grants but by loans accepted by weak and venal governments. One more recent such project was the complete relaying of the railway through Botswana. This was carried out using Chinese designs, Chinese engineers, Chinese machinery, Chinese labour and Chinese materials. Even the stone ballast was brought in from China.

When it was completed, it was found that the lines had been laid some 100mm too high for the full 600+km length. The Botswana government then had to relay every level crossing at their own expense. The costs of these ‘aid’ projects remain as loans to be repaid by the governments, who thus become trapped in debt to China.

In Sudan, the Chinese government bought hundreds of square kilometres of arable land — a scarce resource. The Chinese then used the land to grow food using Chinese farmers, seed, fertiliser and machinery. All the produce was exported to China. None of the above provides any benefits to the general African population — only to a few corrupt leaders.

If this is not domination by stealth I wanna what is!

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  6. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

When it comes to evaluating China's commitment in Africa, there shouldn't be any double standards. After all, do the Chinese act any differently in Africa than other foreigners did or do? Some Chinese firms want a close relationship with Africa while others are gold diggers and some may feel superior. Europeans conquered Africa at the time of colonialism and some of them still can't imagine that productive relationships with African countries are possible. German companies are, compared to Chinese companies, more risk-averse and hesitate to invest heavily in Africa. And Europe as a whole wouldn't have the capacities to satisfy African needs anyway. Many players still cling to their traditional trade relations which are supposed to be less risky. Germany still makes the most money in Europe but is also benefiting from Chinese demand.
    As for trade relations in Africa, there's not only a push but also a pull. It is tempting for countries (also in Europe) that would otherwise see little investment to give in to Chinese offers. Apart from exploiting natural resources in Africa, China's booming economy is also looking for sustainable investment opportunities. And the African continent is also a very promising market for Chinese mass products. It seems that the majority of Africans, including a growing middle class, welcome China's presence. They admire China's rise to a global player as a former underdog. So that's a win-win.
    It remains to be seen if this increases migratory pressure.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Jim Veradyne and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Martin, China exports cheap stuff to every country I've ever visited including the UK... in Spain for example the Chinese own just about every TODO shop in all of Spains' larger cities, towns and Coastal regions....the turnover is astonishingly high...

In London alone, just about every cheap clothing shop, or Tourist tat shop..of which there are thousands is supplied with Cheap Chinese exported goods with a Union Jack stuck on the front...from cellphones to keyrings, to tea-towels.. .. The loss of Sales to the USA will only be a tiny dent in their income

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

China's Top Trading Partners
    • United States: US$479.7 billion (19.2% of total Chinese exports)
    • Hong Kong: $303 billion (12.1%)
    • Japan: $147.2 billion (5.9%)
    • South Korea: $109 billion (4.4%)
    • Vietnam: $84 billion (3.4%)
    • Germany: $77.9 billion (3.1%)
    • India: $76.9 billion (3.1%)
    • Netherlands: $73.1 billion (2.9%)
    Not a dent? and it was coming in duty free but charging very high duties going the other way

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The bottom line of gross sales is an excellent example but.....
    If we take in the fact that the U.Kingdom has a population of around 66 million compared to the U.States with 325 million, on the basis of population (per capital sales) the U.K could well be a front runner in imports from China.

Let’s see, the average amount spent per person for Chinese goods in the U.S. is about $1476 (based in the information given)
    Latest stat I can find (quick look) is that the U.K bought up about 42 billion worth of goods so that means the average would be about 636 pounds spent per person. Given the present value of the pound versus the dollar is $1.27 to 1 pound sterling means that
    yeah,
    we in the U.S. do buy a heckova lot of junk and the British appear to be about 800 marbles per person smarter than we Americans are.

Thomas Stearn and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Australia trade in services with China, 2017/18 (A$m)
    Total share Rank Growth (yoy)
    Exports of services to China 16,944 19.2% 1st 17.2%
    Imports of services from China 3,225. 9th 17.0%

China's principal export destinations 2017/18: Australia (14) 1 United States 19.0% 2 Hong Kong 12.3% 3 Japan 6.1% 1.8% China's principal import sources, 2017/18: (7) Australia 5.2% 1 Republic of Korea 9.6% 2 Japan 9.0% 3 Taiwan 8.5%

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

China seems to be strengthening ties with countries arouund the world.
    From Moscow to India to Central and South America and Africa, they are
    lending a helping hand, creating treaties, seeking cooperation, opening
    new trade agreements wherever they can. They are also spending lots of
    money on their military preparedness. I think they have something in mind
    for the long run.

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

While USSR and Nakita Khrushchev were pounding the table and threatening to bury us, China was quietly going about their business, conquering us by taking over the world economy.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I think China entering the world economy started with Nixon, but it REALLY hit stride under Clinton, who basically gave away the store to the Chinese...for political favors.

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Here is a recent interview with one of my favorite guys, Victor Davis Hanson, on China. If you choose to watch it, the first 20 minutes are a history of China back to the Japanese occupation, and the comment on modern China begin around minute 20 of a 35 minute audio.

interview

Bobby Cole likes this.