Chipper Has A Little Dogpen, So He Can Be Safe Outside.

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am seriously worn out; but I have Chipper’s little outside area all fenced off now, and we can safely put him out and not have to worry about him getting out in the road and getting run over.
    Chipper has always been very good to stay right in his own yard when we let him out; but now that he is old and can’t see or hear much, he really does not know where he is going and sometimes just wanders off.
    We have to stand right outside and watch him every time we let him out because he has actually gotten clear out to the road a few times when he got lost and turned around.

Down at the house where @Bobby Cole has been working, they chopped down a pile of bamboo; so this morning, I went down there, cut the side branches off of a bunch of it, and brought it home to use for the fencing along with the chicken wire that I ordered from Amazon.
    I have been moving all of the strawberries into containers because I wanted to use that area for Chipper, and hopefully we will get more strawberries if we put them where the birds can’t eat them all so easy, too.

I still have more strawberries to get moved, and I don’t know if I will get them all transplanted before I leave on Friday or not; but at least I know that Bobby will have one less worry while I am gone , and can put Chipper out in his pen to wander around and do his little doggie chores when he needs out.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You've been busy @Yvonne Smith!!

I have a fenced back yard but Pickles only goes out to do his business, he's not an outside type of dog at all.

The most he's been outside is maybe 5 minutes before he's wanting back in.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a whole fenced back yard; but I do not put Chipper out there any more. Since we got Rusty (Bobby’s puppy), he thinks everything is his playtoy, and he would probably hurt Chipper without meaning to. The front yard is where we have always let Chipper out; so he is used to going out there, although he is mostly always in the house, just like Pickles.
    Now that he is older, he sleeps most of the time anyway, and his new pen is probably about 10x20 feet; so it gives him plenty of room to roam, and not enough to get lost.
    I think that I might be able to grow cucumbers up the chicken wire fence, so I might try planting some there after I get back home from Orlando.

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The pen sounds great, @Yvonne Smith . I'm sure Chipper will love it.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.