Cliches In Films

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patsy Faye, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Not just you - I'd be outa there dialling 911 as I go (If I lived over there) :p

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to watch action and adventure movies and the thing that I see and wonder most about are superhero women wearing heels in action scenes. o_O Ok, twist or break an ankle or leg, will you just once.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha ! How true !

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Another on is when the character male or female is escaping from whomever they always run up the stairs to the top of the house or building, why? Is there a ladder to climb down or a skyline that will carry them away from danger. Mind you, seldom is there any way to escape in most of the movies I've watched. It's really predictable once they start running up the stairs. It's kill or be killed

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And I don't think most women do it either. Someone (I don't recall who) did a survey/study of women in combat. I has always been assumed that since men had a "fight or flight" response, women did also. This study showed that women (most) have a "fight or hide" response. Where men tend to flee, women tend to hide in place. I some situations like what you just cited, that would be a good thing. When a position is being overrun by the enemy, not so much. The study was noted in an interview I listened to about women's safety.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.