Clip-on Sun Or Nighttime Driving Glasses

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Both of us now have clip-on sunglasses for our prescription eye glasses. Our prescription eye glasses do have “sun transition” on them, but it isn’t as good as it was when the glasses were newer. The clip-on’s We bought at Walgreens really help with sun glare.

Yesterday I ordered us a pair each of clip-on nighttime yellow driving glasses. They will really cut down on the glare of stop lights and the head lights of newer vehicles.

Funny, but I remember my step-mom wearing clip-on sun glasses and thinking “boy is mom old” and now I’m wearing the same thing.

Do you wear clip-on’s over prescription glasses?

Sort of like the “Granny Cart” Thread about things that Seniors use that we didn’t when we were much younger.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't wear them I've seen them advertised over the years but they always look HUGE so I don't know if they'd be comfortable. I do have anti-glare on my distance specs but with headlights being so bright these days I suspect I need something more.. I know I can buy night time driving specs on prescription but they're very expensive..

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I just don't drive at night...don't need to.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was in California, I would get my prescription glasses in photo-gray. They would darken in sunlight and lighten in a dark room. This didn't occur instantly, so walking from the sunlight into a dark room, I'd have to take them off for a minute or so, but they worked pretty okay.

But the last time I asked for that, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, telling me that I could get a pair of prescription sunglasses. Of course, then I'd have to carry two pair of glasses around with me and that isn't what I wanted.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I have two pair of those drive at night yellow clip on. I no longer drive at night but when
    I did they were a big help. I still wear them sometime on cloudy days. They help me see a little bi better. I recently got a pair of those glasses that turn dark gray outside and lighten on the inside, i like them.

6. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I have and use those clip-on glasses all the time.. What I did was invest in a pair of polaroid clip-ons and they are terrific for both sunny days and night driving, however I don't wear them often to drive at night..
    What we have here up north is something called "snow blind" when the sun beats down on the white snow and causes a bright glare.. Those clip-ons are just perfect for that.......

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just got our yellow clip-on driving glasses in. Will let you folks know how the work for us, although, something is better than nothing when dealing with the glare of the different lights at night.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I use the clip-ons as well. The auto darken glasses are not instant, as was posted earlier, but the clip-ons just flip down or flip up. I didn't know there were night driving versions of these, so I will look. If I didn't drive at night, I wouldn't drive at all in the winter, as our days are only about 4 hours long around Christmas.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I got our nighttime ones thru Amazon. Two pair for $17 total