Colorado Trail Runner Choked Mountain Lion To Death

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Thomas Stearn, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I said superman at DIY...lol but he's a hard worker too ..... he has his faults, he's not perfect..who is?..

I'm sure you have a lot of good things about you too Thomas

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

A buffalo followed my wife once, while in Custer State Park, South Dakota. The buffalo wasn't real close to her and she didn't even know it was behind her. It actually went "out and around" her and walked into the herd that was there. Now, THAT was an experience neither of us will ever forget.

While driving thru Yellowstone N.P., we came across some cars pulled over to the side. There was a large-rack Bull Elk in the woods near the road. Very easy to see it, if in the right location, which we weren't. We found a spot to pull over and I got out with the camera. Walked down the side of a shallow ditch, next to wear cars were parked and people looking. Found a nice "photo taking" spot and proceeded taking some photos of it. At one point, it turned it's head towards me and, without giving it a second thought, jumped into the open door of a van that was behind me. The Elk turned it's head back, I got out of the van, turned and said "thanks", the occupants said "no problem" and I got a few more pictures. The Elk ended up turning and disappearing into the woods. Another time neither of us will ever forget. Got a few great pictures of the Elk though.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  3. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

I know you did, Holly, and I did include "when it comes to" just for that reason. :)

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Mountain lion? Is that all?
    Why, just the other night I earned some grand accolades after I saved my wife from certain harm!
    I was sitting at the computer when I heard my wife scream from the bathroom. I rushed in and much to my horror, I observed the biggest monstrosity these parts has ever seen. Keeping my nerves at bay, I grabbed the devilish beast and the battle began and I, with nary a weapon but bare handed mind you, fought with it like it depended upon my very life.
    The tussle was a fierce and brutal battle but alas, I won and the assailant was sent back to the unholy underworld of Hades where he belonged!
    My very person, though in peril for what seemed an eternity, came out unscathed by the massive thing and I was able to watch, with much satisfaction, as the monstrous cockroach entered the watery vortex produced by a flushing toilet.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We've got them here, but some folks call them "water bugs" and say they are related to the cockroach. I've seen them as big as my thumb and they can be very hard to catch. Quickest darn bug I think I've ever seen! Now, our Exterminator says, "no matter what you been told, they are cockroaches, not water bugs." Actually, the little Geico lizards are very fast as well.

Three things we have a lot of here and all over Florida...….Geico lizards, those cockroaches and gators. Ghost ants can be a problem as well, but we bought an ant killer at Home Depot that really, really works on them.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

None of those things in Colorado ?

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Moose are the most frequently encountered dangerous critters here, although I did face down a large grizzly at less than 30 feet once, but neither of us suffered any harm. If you can get electrostatic boric acid crystals, they are death to cockroaches of all kinds.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Don Alaska likes this.