Comparative Theologian - Performance Artist - Dance - Poet - Writer - Tarot Card Reader

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Sharla Skyspirit, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Sharla Skyspirit

Sharla Skyspirit Veteran Member
    Registered

While I have taken a number of college courses, I have actually become an Ordained Minister(ULC,) used my psychology learning in conjunction with my Tarot Card readings, and have been writing on a freelance basis for several years. In addition, I have also self-published six poetry chapbooks, been paid for reading at festivals and have read at numerous venues in the United States, Canada and Mexico - As such, I feel quite blessed to have accomplished all the great things I have done in this life - My major has always been English/Psychology/Religion at all schools Brookhaven/Harvard/Humboldt and while I've mostly attended Extension Schools and Universities, I have had the best professors and bosses anyone could ever have so I feel quite Blessed to have incorporated all aspects of my interests into my life over the years. Most recently, I just found out I was approved for a scholarship in the Making of the Bible Class, an over 50 program class here at Humboldt State University so the Comparative Theology and writing, as I do freelance articles for a bit of extra pocket $ often takes precedence over the others. - Cheers!!!!

K E Gordon likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee, that's a long list of accomplishments you had written. But I am amused with that Tarot Card readings. Do you mean to say you are a fortune teller using Tarot cards? I wonder how that fortune telling co-exist with your ministry. Pardon me for I do not know your religion but what I know is that most religions frown on fortune telling. I'm just curious on that part.

3. Sharla Skyspirit

Sharla Skyspirit Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm an Ordained Minister (ULC,) I am more Spiritual than religious. As such, my psychic counseling, etc. does not interfere with any type of dogmatic belief system with which I subscribe. Thank you for your nice compliment. I'm still making accomplishments, tomorrow I will be auditioning for 3 plays, tonight I'm going to an introductory Dance class and informational meeting about dance offerings here at the University where I can take up to 6 credits of classes for $57 in the Spring once I turn 60 - one for grade, the other pass/fail, it's a great program. I'm currently enrolled in LifeLong Learning here and will be taking a "Making The Bible," about how the Bible was inspired and constructed in Nov/Dec, though I am also taking two Philosophy classes online, one I'm auditing through edx.org (MIT,) and the other through Saylor Academy for which I'm working to get a grade and certificate in Existentialism. I like to stay busy, can you tell? Hope that helps answer your question - ... I believe in all the positives aspects of most religions, though there are a few from which I haven't found any positives. I am a strong supporter of Equal Rights and believe that every person on the planet regardless of identity, lifestyle, religion, race, gender or other attributes should always be treated with dignity and respect.

Cheers!!!

K E Gordon likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Never too old for schooling. I received my degree at age 33, getting there was a long, hard, often painful, often rewarding experience. And, to boot, after working a lifetime at my trade, the thought has crossed my mind many times: was it worth it? Did it "open doors". To the former, probably. The latter: definitely.

Now I cope with the "heartbreak of Psoriasis". :)

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow. Sharla Skyspirit, you sound like a true academic! Have you found the key to life, and the secrets of the universe yet? Let me know when and if you do! I would like to know! Actually, if I had to guess, I would say your last comments came close to it, about treating eveyone equally regardless of race, creed, color or sexual orientation. What do you think about happiness, how to obtain and keep it? That is what I want to know.. Your resume is impressive indeed.