Concerned About The Low Water Levels In Your Smart Washing Machine?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Steven Stanick, Aug 20, 2024.

1. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Solution One: Wet the clothes to make the machine see the load as larger than it is. It goes by weight.
    Solution Two: Set the cycle for "Bulky" or "Heavy Duty".
    Search "How to bypass a washing machine water level setting"

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Good Info.

3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

That's my only complaint about the "smart" washers. They may be smart, but I know what I want and I don't want some smart-aleck washer telling me otherwise.

For instance, if I were to put in three bras, four pairs of undies, and a single sock in there, I'd get a full load of water. Five pairs of jeans, seven t-shirts, and two towels and I'd get half a load of water, leaving them to slosh around anemically, all in the name of "water economy".

Hmmmmph!!! I have learned how to circumvent the system, but I'd rather have the choice on the dials.

4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Big rocks by the crick never complained or told any woman how many time she had to smack those pants on it to get scrubbed.

To be serious, I’ve had to work on the mother board on our Epic Z (Maytag) a few times and not unlike brain surgery, sometimes it comes out a title less smart than I started out with but it still works.

Just to add to @Steven Stanick’s idea, perhaps starting the load on a quick rinse to get the clothes wet and then wash them on a shorter cycle?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I used to have a smart washing machine years ago. Hated it--Long wash cycle with low amounts of water. I want my clothes to be washed, not baptized. I have a Heavy Duty Speed Queen washing machine that lets me control the amount of water I want to use. It's about 10 years old plus and still going strong.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Steven Stanick

Registered

Your government made the decisions for you. Clouseau.jpg

7. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I bought a Speed Queen washer about 10 years ago. It stops filling up about 5 inches from the top, but the dial is spring loaded & when I turn it to "reset" & hold it there, it will keep filling up until I release it. But, I have to do it again on "Rinse" because it will stop filling in the same place.

8. Steven Stanick

Registered

That should work but it would take more time. I don't know how my LG decides (as if it thinks) what level of water to disperse vs. the weight of the load. I am going to experiment with 16 t-shirts. I'll wash without doing anything watching the water level. The, if necessary I'll wet 25% of them then compare. Last I'll wet 50% and so on. Sad that we have to use our human brains in order to tolerate the "decisions" made for us by these "smart" appliances Next, companies will install verbal apps so the machines can tell us "DON'T MESS WITH ME!"

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

They already do have appliances that talk and isn’t it ironic that they all have a female voice.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last year I had to buy a new dryer so I bought the least expensive one that had the basic functions such as low, medium, high, air only and timed drying if I want to time something. It cools the clothes down before the drying cycle stops. The clothes look great when I take them out and hang them. I could easily have paid between 2-3 times as much for a 'smart' one but I'm happy with this one. I plan to go basic again if I outlive my washer.

Sorry, the last thing in the world I want to hear is my appliances talking to me. You guys have fun though. :eek:

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

My washer uses correct amount of water for the loads.. I have checked. I wash small loads most of the time.
    What I do not like - is not being able to open the lid until the damn sensor kicks in. :mad:
    My dryer is a peach no softeners needed - except I do use the pet hair remover ones -once in a while on certain things.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't find an old Speed Queen but I am with you and never buy a smart anything anymore. Nothing with a mother board. They will end up controlling us and not for our convenience.

Krystal Shay likes this.