Cooking Up a Storm This Weekend

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Jenn Windey, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Whenever the weather gets bad I like to spend the weekend cooking. Looks like this is going to be one of those weekends. In a short while I will change and make a drive out to the Farm produce market and buy some supplies I need. I think this weekend I will try this yummy looking mac and cheese pizza recipe I saw posted on Facebook and make some chicken and dumplings for later in the week.

I also have been wanting something on the sweeter side, either a chocolate layer cake or some chocolate chip cookies. Probably go with the cookies since I have most of the ingredients already. Anyway I thought I might share the mac and cheese pizza recipe, it looks easy and pretty good. It is from the food network.

[​IMG]

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have weekend where I like to cook also. Sometimes I just want to bake some cookies or make a cake for the kids or make a large bowl or potatoe salad. Cooking lets me think to solve a problem. Also I get the need to clean when I need to think.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had never heard or considered of something like a macaroni and cheese pizza recipe. It sounds interesting.

4. Betty Johnstone

Betty Johnstone Veteran Member
    Registered

I must say, macaroni and cheese pizza is rather different. Yesterday a friend and I made 50 cabbage rolls for no reason , other than we've never made them before. If I do say so, myself, they turned out delicious!! Even hubby like them and he is very fuzzy about cabbage rolls!

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a CiCi's Pizza Buffet here in Huntsville. they have a great senior special, and it is close to Lowes; so sometimes we stop in for lunch after our monthly pilgrimage to Lowes.
    CiCi's has a pizza with macaroni on it but it doesn't look anything like the mac and cheese one in the picture that you posted, Jenn. I think it is just a plain cheese pizza with some cooked macaroni dumped on top. I accidentally got a piece once before I realized that it was only macaroni on top of the pizza, and it really didn't have much flavor at all.
    The one in your picture looks like it would be delicious and cheesy.
    My favorite pizza is one with all of the veggies on it, like peppers, onions, shrooms, and tomatoes. Even some anchovies on top would be delicious. Since both Bobby and I like anchovies; we usually buy one of the little tins of anchovies, or the tubes of anchovy paste (which keep better) and add some to whatever kind of pizza we are eating.

6. Harrison Greenberg

Harrison Greenberg Veteran Member
    Registered

That Mac and cheese pizza is looking terrific. I think I might try it out this weekend.
    I've been cooking every weekend for the family dinner, and everyone (supposedly) says that my cooking is great. It's just one of those hobbies that I like to engage it frequently.