Could This Be Prophetic, Five Years Ago, Of 2020? On This Forum

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Jeff Elohim, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

And everything points to things being even "bumpier" (believe it or not, more upside down) for the next twelve months, if the Savior tarries .....

2. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree, but of the difficulties and perils coming upon the faithful, it is unknown as to the nearness, that's why its important to watch the for the signs, especially for the "beast" to come..

The apostle Paul said: ".....for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition...."

He is speaking of the times when the Christians, especially, will be under more and more persecution, so much so, that God will step in to deliver them from the wrath to come.

He said: "... But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.

God warns of the turmoil what will come as the "love of many will grow cold", and that's when the rapture takes place, to provide a way of escape, praise God!

3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For research or reference perhaps, the apostasy of the adventist church was predicted, foretold or prophesied before it happened. Then, about 1904-1905 as far as I know, it happened - the foretold apostasy of that (and other?) church(es?) .

Or was that just a different use of terms, not apostasy, when that particular change took place (if it did actually take place then, or even at some other time, for the adventists and maybe the other churches involved ? )

4. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

As bad as violence and lawlessness may seem today, I've read that mankind was worse during the middle ages. As for chaos and hard times, 2020 certainly has been no match for the World War II era. I think the assessment of increasing turmoil (or alleged climatic cataclysmic events) is a sliding scale that we simply can't judge accurately.

There are clues in the Bible that suggest an end times could easily come within our life spans - like certain actions relating to Israel, distribution of God's Word (Bibles) throughout the world, etc. Personally, I see Christ's imminent return more likely within the next few decades than centuries, given the fast progression of technology and numerous world events. But, I accept God's Word not to respect anyone's predicted dates. We must remember the Jehovah Witness's founding false prophets who repeatedly pin pointed specific years for the end times - incorrectly.

Given the significant fate of our eternal souls, it's best that we have our faith in order, ready any day for the rapture. If it comes, all's good; if it doesn't, then all's good. The believer wins either way.

5. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've mentioned the thinker Paul Tillich here a number of times. I might also add that I've read the Bible from beginning to end a number of times, without, I state emphatically, without Bible classes. And I am an atheist.
    From what I've learned that 'going through the motions in order to cover the bases' as your last sentence suggests, isn't enough.

6. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

James, you might as well say that I suggested green cats can fly. You've grossly misintrepreted what I said. Unless others do the same, I'll not clarify something that seems quite clear to me. No disrespect intended.

Yvonne Smith likes this.