Couple Of Videos From My Senior Apartment Complex -- Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Denise Evans, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

This is just one of the things the Manager and all the others that work here at the apartments, do for us. They have lots of activities, and this is totally separate from the Senior Center which is next door. This is just for the renters here like me:) We have a Winter Olympics, and this was some film from our Summer.

We had a lot of fun, and Jessi that took the vids laughed the whole time, but she is such a sweetie. It was her brother tony, that did the "carrying of the torch" and he is also our maintenance man. They all so nice. This was in the courtyard and it is surrounded completely by the apartments (3 stories) so nice and private.

Anyway, just thought it might be fun for you guys to see this if you are thinking of moving into an apartment. It's been wonderful for me, but some of the people left homes, and most of their things behind as these are small places. So the crew here really goes out of their way to make fun things for us all to enjoy:) The two ladies with the super white hair are both over 90. Here ya go, hope you can view these ok:) denise

2. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks like you guys had a blast.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

It was fun, I was glad to see so many come to participate:)

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I liked the Torch! Looks like fun place, Denise.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

They put together all that stuff from Dollar Store, LOL!! One reason I don't want to go back to Oregon is I would NEVER find such nice folks to rent from, and now I'm gettin attached to my neighbors as well;) I just got fresh, garden vegies for dinner salad!! Those round, light colored cukes, tiny yellow tomatoes (cherry tom's??) and red ones too! Zuccini. Next year I'm going to get a patch of dirt too. The city has little places for folks, real cheap, and you can "plant your own"!!

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm glad things are coming together for you, Denise! It's been a lots of ups and downs since I've known you, even some scary health issues but I think you're finally on the right track.

You had some tough starts even here with all that DMV crap but it's going to be smooth sailing for you now.

You live near the coast, are fit and looking good....time to be happy! If nothing else I hope that Trump wins for your sake...you're his biggest cheerleader. :)

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Chrissy;) It would be fun if you could come up while we are having something like this at the apartments:) We could also take a picnic lunch to the beach, and it would be so fun to have someone to go with:) I love the ladies here, but there isn't a one that is able to go to far. There was one gal but she had made a pact with 3 childhood friends that if one needed help, they would all chip in. She moved back to New Mexico to do just that:)

Anyway, I do have friends here though, and I am set up, no reason to pick up and leave:) I still hope we take that train-ride, or cruise. I'm saving as we speak, and if I sell my truck, I'll actually "not" have to use my savings for IT, LOL!! hugs, denise

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Something to work on, I'm getting all my ducks in a row slowly. It's been a rough summer for me but I see a light at the end of the tunnel....with my luck it's a train. :)

9. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, I've said that, but it's never a train, it's always something good coming along, just when we think we are at the end of our "thread";) I do see how important it is to have relationships with people offline as well. I'm still very timid, keep them at arms length, but that's really normal I think. I think we were made to have families. When we don't have a mate, or family, or neither, then we are kind of lost. I am glad you have yours Chrissy, but I know I need my girlfriends. I have you and some others here online, and a couple offline, that feels really good, and I don't feel so alone:)

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Family is good but it doesn't fill all needs.

11. Denise Evans

Registered

I know sweetie, that's why we gals need to get together. It would be nice to have something to look forward to, say once-a-year, to meet and do something. Even just a stay at the beach.

12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It's nice that they care about the residents and set up some social events like that. I have a friend who lives in an apartment building in another state, but he doesn't participate in the social events. They bring in meals daily for those who want them. It's not strictly elderly, but is elderly and disabled. I wouldn't trust staying in one here that was subsidized, because for one thing, it's hard to get on the lists, and they also tend to be filled with low life gang bangers and have lots of drug activity. That's one reason I struggle to pay market rent on this place, so I have a little peace and also so I can keep my pets, which aren't allowed in many/most of those types of places. I'm glad things seem to be looking up for you, and I hope they continue to do so.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL Denise - loved your speech to all your fans - smashing ! :p :D

Denise Evans likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Denise you're hilarious.... :D what a fun video...they all seem like a lovely bunch of neighbours, you're very lucky to have found them ..

Patsy Faye and Denise Evans like this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Very lucky Holly:) I beginning to feel part-of, and also feel I am right where I should be;)

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.