Coupons

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I will talk on this later.
    Do you rely on coupons for food only? Do use apps for coupon savings? Paper or just digital ?

2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I use coupons for truck transmissions and radiators.

Hal

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have never clipped coupons. I do look at the weekly grocery ads to find what's on sale, but coupons are too much bother.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I use to do coupons years ago. I use Retail Me , and Groupon when needed.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I did years ago when I relied on the Sunday print adverts. The only coupons I use these days are the ones for food chains we get here in the local weekly paper: Hardees, Popeyes, etc. But even then it's maybe just a few times a year.

The problem I always had was most coupons were for national brands. Even after discount, they could not touch the store brand price.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When we had a Kroger just down the road, I shopped there most of the time, and they had e-coupons on their website. All I had to do was go online and load my Kroger card with any items that i thought I might want to buy, and then when I checked out and they scanned my Kroger card, I got the discounts.
    I really liked being able to load up the e-coupons on the Kroger card, no hassle of having to cut out the paper ones, and they were automatically discounted at checkout.
    Kroger also sent me paper coupons in the mail every month, so I carried those in my purse, and used those, as well. Now, our Kroger store closed, and we would have to drive a ways to get to another one, so we no longer shop at Kroger. Our closest Dollar General often had some of the same items on sale that Kroger did. I guess what I should do is start checking their weekly ad, and loading those coupons.
    Sam’s Club has some items on sale each month, so I try to watch for those; but it is not an actual coupon.