Covid Cases By Zip Code

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ed Wilson, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in PA the number of new cases are announced daily by county, but the problem for me is that I live to the extreme north of the county and the southern border is about 40 miles away in Hazelton. The numbers have been uncomfortably high for the county, so yesterday I bothered to look at the PA Department of Health's website and was able to find the cases listed by zip code. I found Hazelton's cases totaled 1,196 since the pandemic began and only 24 where I live. I'm going to keep looking at the site daily to monitor the situation. It's comforting to know the worst is far away, so I will feel better when going for doctor appointments and the like.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Our state (Georgia) has been good about reporting all the COVID-19 deaths, listing all individuals by county, age, race, sex, and pre-existing conditions (or not) of each person. But I notice one change that's been made to the graphs on the website in the last week or so.

They used to not include the data points for the most recent 14 days in their graphs, because not all data had been reported yet for that period. They've dropped that, and include all data so far reported. Obviously graphs will now show a very recent downturn in deaths in the moving average plots, whether it's valid or not. lol

upload_2020-8-19_16-33-38.png

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020