Cowardly Men Attack A Baby With Acid

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

The hunt for the thugs who deliberately hurled acid in the face of a three-year-old boy in Worcester reached London today as three men were arrested 130 miles away in the capital overnight.

The mother screamed 'what have they done to my baby?' as the child was doused in a corrosive liquid in what police believe was a targeted attack in Britain's safest city on Saturday.

The toddler suffered serious burns as he sat in his pushchair in a Home Bargains shop on the city's Shrub Hill Retail Park.

The acid was thrown over him while he was out with his family and a witness said the little boy's mother was holding her head in her hands as she wept outside the shop.

Following the arrests of three men aged 22, 25 and 26 in London this morning and another of a 39-year-old man in Wolverhampton yesterday, police have now held four people all on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.

Full story here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...argains-Worcester-Shrub-Hill-Retail-park.html

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The explanation of “man’s inhumanity to man” just doesn’t seem to approach the horrific deed that those men planned and put into action.
    It is a shame perhaps that my own First impulse was that of the old Biblical train of thought of an eye for an eye instead of allowing my heart and prayers to go out for the child and family.

After much self examination and self admonition, I am still yet reminded that monsters do roam the earth in search of helpless prey in which to destroy.
    They are rarely spontaneous, they plan the desvastation; they have no morals, for morals are practiced by humans; they have no personal strength, for they seek out the helpless and weak.

How, in a society of ethics and even mediocre morals, can we roust out those who would intentionally do harm and rid ourselves of such monsters?
    Something is indeed missing...............

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

I so agree with you @Bobby Cole . Although my heart goes out to the mother and baby..I really, really do believe that there should be an eye for an eye when there's no doubt about guilt, and especially when it comes to such a heinous crime like this.

I know it's said that 2 wrongs don't make a right..but then I don't think the punishment would be a 'wrong''...and I genuinely feel that if an eye for an eye was meted out by law when guilt is proven beyond any doubt...then we'd see a lot less vile crimes ...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Do you know if this is immigrant related, Holly? It is horrible whenever the innocent are targeted.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Although the attackers all seem to be immigrants, there was a mention that it may have been ''immigrant related'' which leads me to wonder if the mother and baby were also immigrants ... but the police seem to have dismissed that theory.. we're bound to learn more in the days to come Don...

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

They downplay that issue because they don't want to incite a backlash.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The US media tries to avoid mentioning the immigration status, or even the nationality when an illegal immigrant commits a shocking crime.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

NO I don't think it's that Don.. we're not like the USA in that sense.. we kind of treat everyone similarly regardless of their race, but the fact remains that a LOT of crime is committed by immigrants here, ..it may not be PC to say so..but it's true. Latest hypothesis is that it's an immigrant feud between 2 families. The police have refused to say whether the Mother and child are also immigrants.. but have put forward that supposition so I suspect they are.. Regardless tho'..it's a horrible act to commit on anyone much less a child, and thankfully they have 4 men under arrest , and hopefully instead of the usual slapped wrists they'll go to jail for life!!

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I don't think it is race as much as how they entered the country that is an issue with immigrants here. I agree with Ken on that issue. Who the victim(s) are is not as important as the motive for the crime to me.

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sickened. This must me among the cruelest crimes of modern days.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

An article I read said that acid attacks in the U.K. are on the rise. Since knives and guns are illegal, it’s pretty much a trend for those seeking to do harm.
    Apparently, the U.K. made it illegal in June to carry any kind of corrosive substance in public or to sell a corrosive substance to anyone under the age of 18.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

They should be waterboarded...……………………… with acid.

Frank Sanoica and Holly Saunders like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Knives being illegal makes absolutely no difference here. seems like all the yobs and criminals carry them... and although guns are illegal without a permit , they're still relatively easy for those who want to use them for crime... Knives and acid are the most common weapons of choice.. It's just becoming a horrible epidemic in the cities and large towns

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin
    A shame they could not have been shot like mad dogs, on the spot.
    Frank

15. Holly Saunders

Registered