Crafting Projects I Created

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Von Jones, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Thank you, Faye. I had a dry spell myself when my mother was ill and after she passed away. I was ready to toss everything away. Then @Yvonne Smith told me to give it time and my inspiration and desire would return.

There was a time when our neighborhood had a series of thefts taking items from yards and porches luckily nothing as bad as destruction of property. It's sad to think that some people would go to such lengths.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Going through my photos again and came across the Lacy Lady doll I crafted back in the mid 90s. I had just started working at a local hospital as a billing secretary for the pastoral care department. Although I made several of the dolls the counselor shown was the only female in the office at that time.

The Lacy Doll began with a straw broom for the body (no arms or legs). The head was fabric filled with straw and sewn to the body which was also covered with the same fabric. I had heard through conversations that her favorite color was red so except for the face red and white lace were used on the hat and dress, moss for hair and red and white flowers accented the face. I had thought about adding eyes, nose and etc. but liked it better without those.

She was not expecting this and was very surprised and moved by it as you can see.

The Doll 004.JPG The Doll 003.JPG

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh her face is a delightful picture - I think you made her day :)

Von Jones likes this.