Created Equal -- Clarence Thomas In His Own Words

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Beth Gallagher, May 21, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This documentary is on PBS right now. https://www.pbs.org/video/created-equal-clarence-thomas-in-his-own-words-rymp6z/

I have seldom been more impressed by a documentary, or by a man. Justice Thomas's entire life from his roots in poverty in coastal Georgia all the way to the Supreme Court was documented. The most disturbing and enlightening part of the show was the process of his Supreme Court nomination. (Though I found the tidbits about growing up a black man in the south and the Civil Rights struggle equally fascinating.)

I will admit that at the time of his nomination, I didn't know what to believe about him or his accuser, Anita Hill. As a woman I wanted to believe her, and at that time, I did. After watching this program (by the typically left-leaning PBS) I am convinced that she was the equivalent of Bret Kavenaugh's accuser. The EXACT same character assassination by the Democrats to smear and ruin a man's life. Mr. Thomas rose above it. I highly recommend this documentary.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered