Creating A Unified Germany

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Hal Pollner, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica
    I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you were attempting to take Ken's gentle hint to move on from the grammatical errors discussion and back to the thread topic. Sort of a "let's just let it go" comment. I agreed, hence the "like" button.

So let's get back to the Unified Germany discussion... :p

2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

(Incidentally...Mr.Sanoica is among the top well-read, intelligent members of this Forum...I respect and admire him!)

Harry

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For anyone who is not particularly familiar with Nazi Germany and how it may have come about, this is a fairly clear and succinct, yet comprehensive, documentary of how Hitler was able to come into power and gain overwhelming support.

It's scary how much of this is being enacted by the political Left today, but this is my impression of current events. The documentary doesn't get into contemporary politics, other than to warn that this could happen again. If it did occur here, though, it seems clear to me that the resistance will not come from the American Left. You might have a different perspective.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I skipped through it, but I already knew a lot about this from history study, some would be surprised to learn some of our own knew what was going on and also some leaders in Middle East did as well.
    People can be quite evil. Pol Pot, Bolshevik's, Stalin, Mussolini and long before them throughout history.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

We don't learn from history. Remember the brutal torture and murder of Saddam Hussain, and how funny it was to Hillary Clinton. I didn't like the man but I see nothing funny about such a barbaric death even when done to a barbarian. I find no pleasure in torture.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We learn from history in that we learn facts and register situations that should serve as warnings, but when a contemporary revisitation of history presents itself, we either don't recognize it for what it is, much of the time, or we think it will be different this time.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

So far I know of no empires who learned from history. Especially ours. Most people can't imagine it can happen to them, like young who do foolish things, thinking they are charmed somehow.
    I did enjoy studding it but most people don't and prefer movies, books of fiction, which I also like. But I always wanted to know, why this and that. Bible study was also interesting to me.

8. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think it will happen again and very soon too. The British government are very pro-Muslim at the moment, which is causing a great deal of anger and resentment among the native British. They won't stay suppressed for much longer.

Tom Galty and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think many of us are headed for a dictatorship, but it is difficult to determine in advance if it will be a Leftist or Fascist form. Hard to tell in advance. Trump is the only obstacle to a Leftist dictatorship, but whether or not he will lead us into a Fascist-type is yet to be seen. He hopes to lead into a Constitutional Republic as we were originally. Sometimes things are not easily controlled though.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

At the outset, after Hitler became Chancellor, he did allow many Jews to begin leaving Germany via Albania and a few other ports. Many were sent to Israel at the time as most were businessmen and could have their own businesses there. He had some deal with the head Pasha at the time.

It was short-lived, however, and others headed elsewhere. Some made it, others not and returned to what ultimated some years later, to the Final Solution, devised by Reinhart
    Heydrich. Some of his men began to object, but he made it clear his word was final and Hitler accepted it.

Of course Heydrich was assassinated shortly thereafter, but, it did not stop his Final Solution.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Basically, we are already in the beginning of one.
    Look at the persecuted Jan.6th citizens.
    While the Marxist nazis leftist can storm congress actually interrupt a congressional meeting and nothing done.
    Meantime the worldwide Trejan Horse is welcome to invade our nation.

Jenna Parnellson and Don Alaska like this.