Creating A Unified Germany

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Hal Pollner, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Well-Known Member
    Registered

I kept my 6th grade history textbooks. Other nations, cultures, were studied but of course the bulk is in teaching children our own history, including that of the individual state we live in. What you are suggesting probably belongs in college as a major or minor.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Registered

Precisely.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Veteran Member
    Registered

@Lulu Moppet

"Yield" : To give way, back off, withhold contrary belief, thus swerving around a potential sore spot, preventing escalation.

Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Lulu Moppet

Registered

To be dishonest? To not be real or true? because another person can't be an adult? because another person only wants crowd approval and just can't tolerate a difference of opinion? This is a chat forum. What good is silence? To yield............sounds like something many a man wants a woman to do. Not you though. That attitude is for old guys. Definitely not you.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Lulu Moppet
    That is all very true. Perhaps, though, not the part about me; I did not understand it. At any rate, I have no personal reasons against "yielding", generally, especially if doing so might avoid a probable altercation, as provocation often does. I think more along the lines of "real world" rather than "forum disciplinary", wherein the former circumstance possesses the quality of getting one killed, but the latter might at worst result in "losing face".

Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Lulu Moppet

Registered

The Second of the Four Agreements: DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY

"Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds…Taking things personally makes you easy prey for these predators, the black magicians. They can hook you easily with one little opinion and feed you whatever poison they want, and because you take it personally, you eat it up….

But if you do not take it personally, you are immune in the middle of hell. Immunity in the middle of hell is the gift of this agreement."

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was generally referring to educational theory and economic theory as it pertains to western civilization. Most of it, as well as math and physics is based in Germany and German thought and philosophy. Progressivism, the Federal Reserve, and the educational theory taught in the public schools here are all based in Germany. It is only history generally, but it touches on economics, medicine and other topics.

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My thread should have been entitled:

RESTORING a unified Germany.

Hal

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Hal Pollner
    Germany has been subjected twice to the German people's noses being "smeared in it", following WW-I, and WW-II as well. Germans are a proud and upstanding peoples. They have tolerated much, though less than the Russian People, who have been subjected to retribution far longer, and many times more. Small wonder that the average Russian citizen trusts no one.
    Frank

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Beth Gallagher

Your "like" attached to my post was most appreciated! Evidently, you were one of few or none who "caught the drift", that including @Lulu Moppet . My curiosity is thus piqued as to why such a simple and innocuous post would draw your interest to such extent.

IOW, why did you like it? I'll surmise you "read something between the lines" (SHARP girl!), or had encountered the concept of "yielding" in conversationalist lingo before.

In short, I greatly appreciate folks who "understand me"; they are usually few & far between. My wife has been committed to trying for....let's see....40 years come next May 4!

Thank you, Beth! Frank

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica
    I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you were attempting to take Ken's gentle hint to move on from the grammatical errors discussion and back to the thread topic. Sort of a "let's just let it go" comment. I agreed, hence the "like" button.

So let's get back to the Unified Germany discussion... :p

12. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

(Incidentally...Mr.Sanoica is among the top well-read, intelligent members of this Forum...I respect and admire him!)

Harry

Bobby Cole likes this.