Cupcake Fight

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

5th. Grade, as often, a birthday party in class, I was heading home carrying a nice, frosted, mushy cupcake, walking with my usual friernd Johnny, and a new kid who had just moved to our town from the mean Italian neighborhood in Chicago known as "Taylor Street". This kid, Mike, was definitely Italian, good-natured enough, but his reputation preceded him: you didn't want to mess with this kid! As usual, I was the shortest kid in class, and Mike was just a little bigger. But I was strong, everyone knew it, could hit and throw that softball farther than anyone else in the 5th. grade.

Something conjured up a fight on the way home! Johnny would referee it, Mike & I squared off. I knew nothing about fighting; this kid had street smarts, but I wasn't afraid, somehow. Suddenly, he came at me! Quickly I thought, drop the cupcake and waste it? Nah! Give it to Mike! I mashed it in his face. He looked comical as could be! As he touched the goo, he abruptly began to bawl! 10 years old, reputed fighter, howling like a child. We parted, I had another block to get home. Soon, Mike's mother called my own to admonish her about her terribly mean kid. My mother: "You didn't hit him?" Nope. The implication had been made I did, as the actual altercation seemed hardly worthy of war. I knew she was smiling inwardly, but she warned me to go easy!
    Frank

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The KupKake Kid!;)
    [​IMG]

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I've always wanted to do that Frank - I just may if I get the chance :p

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Every time I see the word cupcake I think someone is talking about me....that was my first username on my first forum....given to me by my old buddy falcon. :) Oops, better not call him old. ;)

That also was a CC as is Chrissy Cross and my real name. It's all a conspiracy!! :)

Also forgot ceecee.

It's the Chrissy Conspiracy...CC, see, it never ends, lol. I mean, Cee it never ends.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Frank Sanoica and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I suppose that after that, y'all became best friends and shared other cupcakes? :D

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin
    We actually did become friends afterward, probably better friends than were our Mothers! But Mike never could play baseball very well, and the guys who could, myself included, tend to hang together.
    Frank