Cvs Buying Aetna

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/...buy-aetna-reshaping-health-care-industry.html

I came across this News this morning and I'm not sure how I think it might affect Medicare or the rest of our Health Care system.

I don't usually fill any of our Prescriptions at CVS anymore because they always end up being much more expensive to fill at CVS. So my first thoughts of CVS buying Aetna is "everything will get more expensive".

We are under Humana with our Medicare Advantage plan. Will CVS buying Aetna and the changes they make affect us under Humana. There's a good possibility this could happen....we will just have to wait and see.

It would be nice to think these Health industries really have our best interests at heart...but the truth as I see it is they are out to make money, not lose it. We will probably be the only ones losing more of our money here.

2. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

They were talking about this on The San Francisco Newstalk station I listen to. I guess it's a big thing. Really these medical billing coverages etc are so confusing to me. I have Covered California and I'm confused by it though I think it's all settled for next year as long as I don't make over what I projected for 2018.

How do people sort this out. And how many billions was this?

CVS took over the Longs Drugs locations we had here in California many years. And even that was not for the better. I miss Longs.