Daisy Is A Real Pig

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ed Marsh, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ed Marsh ...don't know if I could become that friendly with a pet that their relatives are my breakfast plate of morning.
    But my hats off to you for a ring for Daisy.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good evening to all-
    Well, you must understand I never planned to have a house pig. Before this particular pig came to live with us, we raised, processed, and ate pigs in great number while we lived on our farm. it was an annual family assembly- We'd meet at in-laws house in the late fall- after it got cold enough- , we'd round up the pigs, we'd dispatch the pigs, and then we'd process them. I learned a great deal about internal anatomy from butchering hogs.
    And then we'd cure and smoke the sides and hams and eat the fresh pork. That was my experience with pigs, and I was quite happy with that level of pig association.
    When my wife adopted this pig, nutrition in our kitchen was never a possibility.
    And now Daisy the pig lives in her private quarters on the porch, and she lives a life of comfort and three meals a day. The only thing that bothers her now is when the cat- also an adopted stray- drinks out of her one-gallon water bowl. She doesn't believe a pig should have to share anything with anyone.

good night to all- Ed

Hedi Mitchell and Nancy Hart like this.