Daniel Boone 1964-1970

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have something to accompany me during my work days for a while. I bought the full collection of the Daniel Boone series that ran from 1964 to 1970, the one with Fess Parker. That is a box of six cases of six DVD disks each, with five episodes per disk. Sometimes you see the ones that are in public domain, I suppose, that people have made copies from copies, and what you get isn't very good, but this is the 50th-anniversary edition produced by Fox, so the quality is very good. I bought it on eBay, unopened.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Well I hope you enjoy every one of those DVD's Ken. :)

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's interesting seeing the people who come through this series, often before they were famous for doing other things. Dan Blocker plays a bad guy in the first episode, before his Bonanza role, and Jamie Farr (Klinger from Mash) also plays a bad guy in another episode. The episode I'm watching now, there is a kid who I thought looked familiar but I couldn't place him. I looked it up, and it's Kurt Russell at fourteen, but he looks younger. From the credits, I can see that he will play four other characters in subsequent roles.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The lady that played Fess Parker's wife, Patricia Blair, in Daniel Boone, also played the owner of a hotel in The Rifleman. But, in the Rifleman, she had a very distinct Irish accent. And, Ed Ames played the Indian that was Boone's partner.

Fess Parker also play Davy Crockett on a tv show. Buddy Ebsen as his friend.

I remember both of these shows.

Ken Anderson likes this.