Day Care Center At Work

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Boris Boddenov, Apr 7, 2021 at 2:53 PM.

1. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sometime in the 1980s, and it was applauded at first. They occupied the major portion of a ground floor in one of the buildings at HQ complex. They also built a playground outside with mini swings, see-saws, etc.

The day care seemed to want to show it was as "progressive" as our agency. One PC example was to show the kids the experiences of others of the opposite sex. To that end, they put on skits.

One day a man left early to take his son to a MD appt. At the day care center, he saw is son wearing a dress. He went nuts.

He made the good point that society condemns absentee fathers for not providing guidance for their children, especially the male offspring. He said that although he's not the primary custodian, he goes above-and-beyond in teaching his little one as to how a man is expected to behave, and then he sees him sashaying around in a dress.

The day care's practices in being "progressive" ceased and was replaced by the more traditional ways of day care.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

Wait until he finds out that the kid has signed the contract to have a sex change operation.

Our culture has intentionally be changed so that people have to contract out the rearing of their own children. In my area they are opening up Pre-K "schools" (aka Taxpayer Funded/Government Controlled Day Care.) Gotta get 'em while they're young and impressionable.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

So one day when I was around 6, I said to myself, “self, I am bored. Looking around for something to get into I found a magazine, some paper doll cutouts on the back of the mag and feeling the urge to be artistic I suppose, I proceeded to cut them out.
    Dad walked in, saw me cutting out paper dolls and this young boy learned very quickly and in a very harsh manner that boys do NOT do girl things.

Thinking about it later on in life, if I had grabbed a saber saw and cut dolls out of a piece of wood and maybe even cut a finger off, it would have been far better than using paper and scissors.

I left home when I was 12 but not because my dad didn’t insist on raising a man.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

There's a broad spectrum, huh? And a lot of collusion and denial to boot.

Bobby Cole likes this.