Did Your Birth Parents Divorce? How Old Were You?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 10, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Similar story here, except the nasty little ba$tard$ they created (my siblings) have been my parents' little doppelgangers my whole life.

Maggie Mae likes this.
  2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I’ve really got no idea when ,I suspect it was in 1950 ( 1 was born in 1946 ) I was sent to live with my mothers sister for 2 years in Victoria ..I lived in New South Wales ( Aust )
    I was recently reading on my Ancestry my father did 9 months jail in 1950 for signing a cheque for someone else .
    I never met him until my brother tracked him down when I was 25 ....then soon after meeting him I picked up,the local paper only to read on the back page that was called the stop press and written in Red that he’d been shot and killed by a 14 year old boy .
    My father was 17 when I was born .
    My mother met a abusive/ violent alcoholic like herself and had a further 5 kids to make it 8 in total we all led a life of sheer neglect
    starvation ....I swore I’d never touch booze / or cigarettes and never have in my 74 years
    Neither of them should have been allowed to have kids IMO
    I’m the eldest ..,3 of the younger ones are deceased through abusing their bodies
    I’m a quiet placid person who hates trouble seen way to much abuse when young to carry it through to adult hood