Discovering The Nature Of Longevity

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been tuning into C2C for some yrs but was not with them when Art Bell was the anchor, George Noory took over when Bell died is what I understand. It has been an interesting program in my life and Carnivora has been advertised on it for as long as I can remember.

I have not bought the Carnivora as I've felt ok with my Grape Seed Extract.

Anyway Carnivora has some interesting info about it and I'll post it here...

https://www.carnivora.com/about

I see that it's sold at various locations --- anyone else here tune into Coast to Coast?

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I used to be a big Art Bell fan when he was on the air. He was the only guy who had a 3-hour program unscreened where the host engineered as well. An impressive guy who nearly worked himself to death. The death of his wife and the kidnapping of his son destroyed him and he was never the same. George Noory, while a nice guy apparently, is no Art Bell. Coast-to-Coast AM is now much more ordinary.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Carnivora has been an advertiser on Coast to Coast for a long time. I have long been a listener of Coast to Coast with Art Bell, and I use the present tense because we still listen to Art Bell on Coast to Coast as well as on a couple of other radio shows that he has had subsequent to Coast to Coast, which are still aired on some Internet radio stations.

When Art Bell left, I continued listening to Coast to Coast through a couple of other temporary hosts, and when George Noory took it over. I never thought George Noory held up to the standard set by Art Bell, but he got worse rather than better. The show got worse the longer he hosted it, I thought. I quit listening to it when it became little more than an extended alternative medicine and supplement advertisement. While Art Bell would have various supplement pushers and alternative health people on from time to time, he also had a lot of other guests on as well. With Noory, there was very little of the paranormal and pseudoscience stuff that I enjoyed and far too many of the alternative health and supplement hawkers. They were more like advertisers than guests. It's been at least a couple of years since I've listened to contemporary Coast to Coast, but Art Bell is playing in the background of most of our nights long after his death.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Joy Martin

Registered

The program serves a purpose and it continues, it must have a large sleepless audience.......I can barely make it thru the first 1 hr and that depends on guest and topics....

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It just appeals to a different audience than it used to. More women now listen.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I think that a lot of Coast to Coast listeners are like me, listening to it after going to bed, leaving it on after they go to sleep, where it would often find its way into our dreams in interesting ways.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Joy Martin

Registered

There is quite a bit of alternative medicine info which does interest me..and when dovid hit us in Mardh 2020 this was a big discussion and I would send George emails that it would all pass quickly, boy was I wrong and wrongly optimistic.....

8. Joy Martin

Registered

Last night on Noory's program, his 95 yr old mother said a few things, Yesterday was her 95th birthday, she sounds clear and strong and still drives, George said. His mom talked about her life of taking vits and supplements....I don't care what anyone says, they do make a POSITIVE impact on our lives.....

I wonder about that Carnivora, has anyone here taken it and results were???

My Grape Seed Extract and Pycnogenol may be my carnivora.....don't know....

9. Joy Martin

Registered

What I'd be interested to know, did George's mother escape a joint replacement?

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I looked at the website because I wondered what kind of a plant extract would be named Carnivora. It turns out that it is an extract from the Venus fly trap, which is a carnivore plant.
    The website goes on to explain what nutrients are found in the plant, but I didn’t see anything that does not come from other plants as well; and I think I will be fine without ingesting whatever they feed the Venus fly trap. If not flies or other live creatures, they probably feed it hamburger or some kind of simple meat product.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

About Elastin on Coast to Coast Tonight.....

https://www.natureoflongevity.com/.

From the C to C site for tonight:

First Half: Douglas Mulhall is a biotech company co-founder, popular science author, and journalist. He'll update his work on healthcare cover-ups, and the FDA's failures, as well as the latest discoveries on the importance of elastin and how it is essential to good health.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2024 at 10:39 PM