Displaying The Flag Upside Down

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ed Wilson, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Displaying a U.S. flag upside down is "a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property". I'll be doing so on January 20th, the inauguration day of pseudo president Biden. After four years of an attempted coup followed by a stolen election, the country is indeed in dire distress. Feel free to display your contempt for the whole affair, and tell your friends.

Ron Simpson likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Please don't disrespect our American Flag in this way.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry Ed, my flag flies high and proud. No matter what or who is placed in office and no matter how they got there, my nation, with it’s banner, is still the greatest nation ever to be formed on this earth.
    To turn my flag upside down would also be indicative of a loss of faith, and hope.

I may not like the way things are turning out but when this gentleman is in “distress” I solve it through prayer. Prayer for myself for peace, wisdom and patience and prayer for my country and the leaders who have been placed in office. Prayer that God will keep His hands on this nation and whomever is in office.
    God can do much more than turning our banner of freedom upside down for distress will ever
    accomplish.

Now faith is the assurance of what we hope for and the certainty of what we do not see. Heb. 11:1

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Are you ready to have "In God We Trust" removed from your currency?

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Well Ed, whilst I would rather it stay on our currency as well as “under God” in our pledge, if it is removed it doesn’t change how I feel about the nation as a whole. And, not to be too blasé about it but if “In God We Trust” were to be taken off of our bills and not pointed out, I doubt seriously if few would even notice.

Politicians ain’t happy unless they’re politickin’ and generally changing things for their own betterment than those they supposedly represent. It has always been a truism and it will continue to be a truism no matter what politician is in office.

I’m a believer that our nation is full of a lot of great people and the things we see in the child-like political playground does not in any way represent how we can, if we really wanted to, get along with each other. Most certainly, I have neighbors, friends and acquaintances who are on every side of the aisle one can be on but we still shake hands, pat each other on the back and talk, not argue but talk.
    If there is a time when we, as patriotic Americans need to “storm the gates” it will be the majority of Americans and not some whimpie malcontent faction bent on total division.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Absolutely love your reply here, Bobby! We, sometimes, don't see "eye to eye" on some things, but this reply of yours is, without a doubt, wonderful.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Who is proposing this Ed? I am a news hound and I have seen nothing alluding to that at all.
    "In God We Trust" was added to our money in 1956, when Eisenhower signed legislation making the phrase our national motto. "Under God" was added to the pledge in about the same time frame, so even if it was removed ,it is not like removing some founding belief.
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CRPT-112hrpt47/html/CRPT-112hrpt47.htm

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't see how you can take a political coup against the duly elected President Trump and a stolen election so lightly. You whistle in the wind while the republic is pulled down from under your nose.

9. Peter Renfro

Registered

Ed, Please if you are so adamant about this fantasy, I am sure that you could find some group willing to finance a manual recount of all approximately 180, million votes.
    Obviously that is the only fact you need to be dragged kicking and screaming too, that could have some chance of dissuading you of your mistaken conviction.

Ed, you and yours made an accusation. It is up to you and yours to present your allegations and PROVE them. You have had ample opportunity to do both. allegations aplenty, proof zero.
    I would suggest though that if you are so convince of your purity, that you travel to Washington on Wednesday, present yourself front and center on a barrier and make your case!

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ed, there is indeed a type of war going on and during all battles our flag flies high.
    Take in those words of Francis Scott Key when he asked, “oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave”? And his earlier observation of, “and our Flag was still there.”.
    It wasn’t down or upside down for distress even whilst the fort was being pounded but it flew high and proud.

During the Civil War the American Flag flew at each and every battle when a flag bearer could carry one. The very last thing a soldier wants to see and most devastating thing even after all the carnage that takes place in a battle is when the flag is no longer flying.

Presently, there are those who want to change the United States Constitution and even some who wish to change my flag. I’m not in distress over it.....I’m ticked and to me it is War and in War my flag will fly until I am buried under it.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Gosh Pete, Do you really wanna go there again? I posted at least 20 links proving that Antifa was at the capital AND how bout that Texas gal facing something like 9 charges for voter fraud and harvesting?
    Read and study for a change instead of adding fuel to a fire that is already out of control.

Sheesh.....saying that “there ain’t no voter fraud” is like saying there ain’t no rapists, murders and thieves walking around free.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Joe Riley, Ron Simpson and Tom Galty like this.
  12. Peter Renfro

Registered

Never left there and never will. I have never said no fraud. There was insignificant fraud to move the outcome.

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Go back on your previous posts Pete. If you can’t study and glean from others who have the facts, at least you can go back on your own posts and study your own opinions.