Do We Have Any Members Using Hemp Oil Or It's Products?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What ailment are you trying to remedy, Lon? I don't take it, but I understand that some people use it as a sleep aid. Others have various pains that get different levels of relief with CBD... or none at all.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We use a 500mg Organic CBD Deep Rub. It works, but for a fairly short time. Now, if I add ibuprofen to the Rub, it lasts longer.

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Just general health maintainence

4. Lon Tanner

Registered

[​IMG]

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

While I don't believe it's the magic elixir that many people make it out to be, CBD oil creme seems to help with my arthritis some.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, as I said, I believe most who use it are hoping for pain relief or better sleep. Some use it as an anti-anxiety treatment. I'd say if you want to try it, go for it.

7. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I tried it for a couple or three months. Couldn't see any difference. I know one can get a higher mg than what I bought, but it is too expensive!

For example, 500 mg hemp tincture oil for sleep from cbdMD company costs $50. And that is for 30 servings where a serving is one dropper full taken about 30 or 40 min before bedtime. However, that's around $600 per year. There are also warnings required for the production and it says: "These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

So, consequently, I gave up on it, because for me the benefits were not worth it.

8. Lon Tanner

Registered

Since taking a dropper full under the tongue 1x morning & 1x bed time I have beat the insomnia I believe. I started one week ago so we'll see how it goes. I don't know if it's my imagination or not but I am feeling pretty good over all since I started taking it. Is any other forum member using CBD Oil?

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

My friend Carole gave me some CBD oil to see if it would help with my constant nausea. It didn't, sorry to say.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I take a CBD Oil now, but not everyday. This CBD Oil is the Full Spectrum type, meaning that it has some THC in it (.3%). It's still not as good, or long-lasting, as my 50mg Tramadol and a 800mg ibuprofen. This Full Spectrum CBD Oil is $72 per bottle and is taken with an eyedropper. Next time I get this oil, I will get the Isolated type, which is considerably less costing and no THC.

Later, I will be checking about perhaps getting a Cortisone shot for my shoulder pain.

11. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't often use it, but when I do, I get it here:

https://evohemp.com/cbd-oil-full-strength/

That's because I like to help out our native Americans. (click on the word MISSION at the sight, and it will explain)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Lon Tanner

Registered

Here in the U.S. many people have apparently found marketing and selling of the product a great way to make a buck. I have no way of knowing how much it is being used for it's touted benefits. I personally don't know anyone using it. There was a distributor here at our facility three weeks ago that set up a display in our lounge with free samples and literature I was not able to attend and picked up some of the literature latter

Report Edit

13. Lon Tanner

Registered

There has been considerable hype about the supposed benefits of taking this oil and it would be helpful to hear your experience. I am going to try it this week for the first time

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I have a bottle of cbd oil, that is dispensed with an eye dropper. The kind I got taste like a plant root, but does help my shoulder arthritis pain. Don't use it much, because I have three other things that I can use: CBD Deep Rub, prescription 50mg Tramadol and prescription 800mg Ibuprofen.

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I was given a bottle with a dropper to try, but I cannot tolerate it. It irritates my mouth and throat, and causes coughing and bronchitis-like symptoms.