Do We Have Any Members Using Hemp Oil Or It's Products?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 21, 2019.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I bought some for its stress-reducing properties, but after making that impulse buy I've not even tried it. I tend to shy away from herbals (no guarantee of potency levels), and I take a couple of other meds. I decided I didn't want to add it to the list of stuff I take that's on record with my doctors as something to be worked around.

Not the first time I've wasted my money...

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

This was given to me by someone who uses it regularly and is quite knowledgeable at such things. I didn't waste my money, but she wasted hers. I could perhaps deal with it if I diluted it further with olive oil or added it to food. It tates so bad to me that it would ruin anything I added it to.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Bought the cbd oil once, but after I use up the bottle, of which I use very seldom, we won't buy it again. However, did buy another jar of the CBD Deep Rub.

What I really want to try is getting a Cortisone shot in my one shoulder. Perhaps, after that, I may not need the prescription Tramadol and 800mg Ibuprofen as much or, hopefully, never again.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I buy some from time to time, and it sometimes seems like it helps with my arthritis, a little bit, but I'm never quite sure that the CBD oil has anything to do with it.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife tried it for something, said it didn’t appear to have any effect.

6. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've tried CBD oil of tincture, but found it very expensive. But my daughter talked me into getting the CBD with delta 8 to help me sleep.

I can feel the effect of the delta 8 more so than ordinary CBD oil. But one has to be careful, and consult a doctor for the right amount.

The last I bought was called "Comfortably Numb", and one can certainly feel the effect. But for me, all it has done so far, is to make me somewhat dizzy.
    But at least, I get more motivated to go to bed earlier, and it has seemed to help me sleep better (which is good - and one dropper full about an hour before bedtime is best)

However, I don't know if I will continue with it or not. One small bottle with 600 mg lasts about 20 days, and that is a price of around $40.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, I’ve tried the horrible stuff and it is ungodly terrible even with a tinge of some sort of peppermint taste which is unbelievably nasty.
    A rope boiled in vegetable oil might be better.

Did I mention that I don’t like the taste of the stuff?

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Insomnia, Arthritis, Lymphedema----all of which mat be helped bt taking CBD so I have read in medical texts. We will see. I start taking it tomorrow.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I have not waded through the entirety of this thread, Lon.

Are you taking this with physician oversight, or is this just from general recommendations?

You know you should add it to your Meds list that your doctors have...for lots of reasons. For example, CBD oil may thin your blood.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The word, “MAY” always comes into focus when I read the analytics of any medicinal product.

In the world of bodybuilding, everyone and their sister has a product that is supposed to do this or that and when I look at the testing, it’s nearly always a “may” thing.
    CBD oil is no different. Some studies show that it’s an anti-inflammatory which would help those in pain and CBD oil has been shown that it may cure acne etc, etc.

The only thing I have found thus far about the “mays” is that most people do say that they get a better sleep.
    Other than that, I’m not sure if the results found aren’t associated with a placebo effect because from what I have seen thus far, NO study shows with certainty what taking it WILL do.

It’s like glucosamine. No study shows for sure that it actually helps with cartilage damage but like my ortho guy said, it won’t hurt to take it and if you think it helps, so be it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Nevertheless, there's nothing wrong with a placebo effect. As for glucosamine, it sure seemed to help my aging cat and, while I have read studies on medications for animals that discussed the placebo effect, I'm not sure how that would work, exactly. Seeing how well glucosamine worked with Cutie, I tried it with myself and found no effect whatsoever.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

When I first started out with my training, there were a lot of things that I tried that just didn’t work as advertised and glucosamine was one.
    But again, my sports orthopedic doctor wouldn’t commit to it’s effectiveness one way or the other.
    The same goes for milk thistle and saw palmetto. I take both and my present doctor just shrugged his shoulders and said that there’s certainly no harm in taking them so go for it if I wanted to. (Milk thistle for cleaning the liver and saw palmetto for prostate health). Since I no longer wake up at night to go to the bathroom and my blood work has been great, I still take those supplements.

I bought a couple of bottles of CBD oil (2 for 1 thing) and like it or not, I was almost religious about taking the stuff and saw a possibility of an effect but nothing substantial enough to make me start on the second bottle.
    I never totally relax when I’m awake and rarely go into a full deep sleep at night so after little or no change in those, I quit taking it and enjoyed not having that awful taste in my mouth.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I didn't let my VA doctor know that I was using CBD Deep Rub or the CBD Oil. I knew what she'd say. Doctor's don't like their patients taking certain things that are sold online or over-the-counter.

It's the same way as many people will say "don't always believe in what the Internet says about something", but for many, that's the only way to get information.

14. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I already take a blood thinner med.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Something must be wrong with the time of this posting, Lon. I'm one hour ahead of you and yet your posting shows 11:17AM (Pacific Time). That would've been 12:17PM for us (Mountain Time). It's not even 10:30AM here yet.