Do You Believe In Prophecy?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Martin Alonzo, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This one is very interesting. Trump formally announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015.

The story of Donald and the Giant: Kim Clement prophecy 2014

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to. Still interested I suppose. At least my antenna goes up when I hear a discussion or even the word, depending on who mentions it, someone qualified. But then in todays religious and political markets that's just about anybody. I don't know anyone, have heard of no one living to day or in my lifetime who is a prophet for the sake of prophesy, Its always for the sake of money to provide a better income now (I need a plane). That's the religious prophets. Other forecasters, business, economic I pay more attention to. Political forcasters are not prophets and therefore can not prophesy even if they are men of the cloth. There are no prophets today.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Lois Winters likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno Bill.
    The Bible in no way negates the possibility of a present day prophet even though many do believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit ended with the original apostles. Although I have never met one, there are too many people in the world for me to go one by one in order to declare that there aren’t any. Logic tells me that there should be since it’s pretty obvious that there used to be.

One of the reasons for people deciding that they are a prophet isn’t necessarily about money. Paul wrote that one of the greatest gift of the Holy Spirit is the gift of prophesy. Is it not a part of the human condition for people to declare themselves to have something greater rather than something lesser? My car is better than your car as an example.
    In this case, it’s a “daddy likes me best” kind of a thing which is easy to prove otherwise, but people still do it.

For me, I rather like the gifts I have been given and to imagine something greater than what I have is foolhardy at best.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe in Bible Prophecy and that the gift of prophecy is still alive and well today. There are a lot of false prophets today just as the Bible said there would be but God's people are still speaking what He tells them to say too.

Kim Clement has given many prophecies in the past that did come true. You can find many of his prophecies on Elijahlist.com which is the website for many who give Prophetic messages from God. In the past this website had some very godly people speaking what they felt God spoke to them and I'm sure there are still many there still. I quit being a full time reader of those messages when it seemed the selling of stuff on that site overshadowed the messages given. But it is website that is worth checking out for the prophetic messages. Kim Clement is no longer alive but I do believe he heard from the God he loved and worshiped and is with Him now.

5. Bill Boggs

Registered

Maybe so @Bobby Cole I suppose I look at some of today's and yesteryear's TV evangelists, the wealth (cars a& homes) they've gathered to themselves and still after delivering their best and latest spiel or serman, they plead for the last dime of the elderly and vulnerable. I'm soured on thaat sort of religeous dogma. And how far down into the lesser known does it extend?

To be fair I suppose I question the athentisty of the Bible itself, seeing how some say it was put together and the span of time after the fact all these books were supposedly written and how they were chosen to be placed in "The Bible." Even supposing the Bible represents the word and will of God, certainly most any intelligent person, and maybe even I could think of better ways to communicate with the decedents of Adam and Eve, better ways to assure the decenbdents of Abraham to keep the faith, to assure the non Jewish who accept Christianity as religeous doctrine spread that they are indeed on the right path. There has been no such communication after Saul was struck down. Our God has been voiceless. To believe something written so long ago and have doubt cast on the very core of it's belif system seems a little beyond the ability of most to believe.

The Bible is a stretch yet many, especially Americans, and northern Europeans readily accept and believe it. I have my doubts. I come from a family that produced a congregation of preachers, Baptist; Presbyterian;(sp), Assembly of God; and teachers of the Word. I buck tradition not knowing if its igornance or a belief that it is all made up and death is the end. Of course if it is we will never know. To me evidence seems to point that way. Maybe there are still prophets around and I wouldn't recognize one if we met in a casual setting in broad daylight. This I know. I wasn't given any gifts to develop or the intellect to see things any differently. Or maybe I'm so far out I have been turned in to that reprobate mind, a mind who no longer knows the difference, realizing of course, this is merely conversation.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't discredit the messenger if the message looks like it might be true. I hope it is a sign from GOD we need the help

Michelle Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

A modern day Prophet would probably look just like you and me Bill. :)

Michelle Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Here’s the rub. In the ancient times, the single word “might” could get an aspiring profit stoned.
    If a prophecy was found to be untrue, the prophet lost his life.
    Of course, some of the major prophets forecast a couple of things that became true after they died but still, the warning kept those who simply “wished” to be a prophet at bay.

Not so any longer I’m afraid. Tea leaves, a crystal ball and some tarot cards is about all it takes to put a sign on the door with no repercussions other than getting a bad reputation.

Von Jones and Lois Winters like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's where Kim Clement really predicts Trump will be President. :)

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

Well, off course, I don't know and I could be wrong. I mean nobody knows for sure and religion is a leap of faith. Most of us were indoctrinated to believe from our earliest years, perhaps attending sunday school every Sunday. Some of us like myself studied the Bible through Bible study classes. We had a pastor and that was his thing. Most of us, some of us are reluctant to cast aside those early teachings. I can say boldly I don't believe but in my darkest moments, I call on God. So what does that make me.

Some of the most devout people I have known were of the Catholic faith. Inlaws they were. Raised up in Ft Worth, Texas. My mother in laws sister and her family. One of them perhaps my own age maybe a year older still a Nun in Ft Worth living at the seminary and still proclaiming the goodness of God. Her brother, a lawyer, retired years ago with the FBI. Even as a believer I had many doubts. I guess I still do. Logic tells me this is all hulaboolu. But I will admit sometime I have thought we all lived in some other life and this life now is the hell we were condemned to.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

A double-minded man who doubts. James 1:6-8

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6 NKJV

@Bill Boggs my prophetic word for you is that God loves you and will show you He is real before you leave this earth to join Him in heaven.

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

How many times have I heard that, as though it mattered. I do not believe God communicates with the human race. But one can witness his love by You can look at the animal kingdom and see God's love and how it is survival of the finest, or the woman who was recently dragged in to the river by an alligator. I suppose God loved her too. If there is a god he's busy with his orbits and black holes. But religeon offer an alternative; if one can suspend sensibility, one can find hope, I suppose.

Let me leave it at that. I do not want to belittle anyone's religion. If it suits you it suits me. The logical me just thinks differently. I think one religion is as good as the next i.e. Buddhist have the same access to their God as do Christians as do Muslums as do the Hindu. I do not know who copied whose Bible first but none of these beliefs are for everybody. No, I don't believe any phophet of God exist except in fantasy but I often find the discussion interesting.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

God's never to busy to show Himself to someone who really seeks Him with all their heart Bill...but He won't make anyone do that...they have to want a relationship with their Creator. Religion is not a relationship with God...religion is man made and takes you further away from God instead of closer. If you want to know God...go to Him...not religion.

14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

To me it seems that @Bill Boggs knows God by the post above yours. I may have read it wrong but that's what I see, maybe because that's the way I see God also.

Lois Winters likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

History has proven and is still proving the Prophecies given in the Bible by the Old Testament Prophets and by Jesus, etc. in the New Testament Bill...but even so...you still have the right to believe whatever you want to believe and I respect that.