Do You Enjoy Watching Golf On Tv?

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Susan Long, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Susan Long

Susan Long Veteran Member
    Registered

Tell me your favorite golfer you watch/follow on the tour. I'll share mine a little bit later.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't even enjoy watching golf on the golf course.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not the least bit interested in golf.

4. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

At one time I used to leave the golf switched on while doing other things and keep a watch on what was happening, but it's been a while since I did that. The only sports I really follow fairly closely are cricket (when South Africa is playing) and tennis. My main interest in golf is the results achieved by South African players but it doesn't really worry me too much which of them do well now that Ernie Els seems to be past his prime.

Susan Long likes this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

We had a family member who played golf (a cousin to me). So my aunts and uncles took a strong interest in the sport. My mother watched golf all the time and followed a lot of the best golfers from Jack Nicolas to Tiger Woods. It's not a sport I follow though.

Susan Long likes this.
  6. Susan Long

Registered

Golf is very relaxing to watch. I am a big fan of Jordan Spieth. He is 22 years old and has already won (2) PGA tournaments. He has a great attitude and reaches out to young fans often. I love seeing the next generation conduct themselves with kindness!

7. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

No, I generally never liked golf, it's very boring for me.

8. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not a fan of golf. I have never really gotten into the game, and it takes hours of time to watch. I do have family members who do like to watch golf though. During the masters a few weeks ago, they had to watch the torunament for four days straight. I just couldn't understand what the big attaction was myself.

9. Susan Long

Registered

I watched the Masters Golf Tournament too. It's very interesting to me because it takes great skill to be focused over the course of 4 days to break PAR, with all of the intricacies of the course.

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoyed playing golf when younger, but quit when I got married. It is very relaxing to be out walking on the grass, instead of the berm of the highway. The sights and smells, and time with buddies, I always found enjoyable. Using a cart, takes some of the exercise out of it, but on most bigger courses, they help speed up the flow. Outside of the older champions playing on TV, I find that watching it is boring.

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Jack Nicklaus
    Hal

Von Jones likes this.
  12. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

My wife watches ALL the opens, but I think golf is dullsville.

What I think is dumb is when a player misses a putt by less than a foot, then takes a stroke to sink it, the gallery applauds him for his "skill" in knocking it the final 5 inches.

Hal

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to watch golf on TV as a kid. Strange. Maybe because there were only 3 channels. LOL

Sam Snead was just at the end of his career. I always liked him.

I got interested again when Tiger Woods was playing well. I've lost interest now, but will watch if Woods plays in this year's Masters.

I've never played. Took a one quarter course in college. It was a requirement to choose 5 sports.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  14. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

When there is nothing on that interests me I will sometimes settle on golf. Strangely, I find it interesting while I won't actively search for it since it's the last choice to watch. I tried golf and stunk up the place. I am a lefty and swinging irritated my right wrist having broken it as a kid. The doctor was WWI vintage and just puled it and set it in a cast with no X ray. I bet if I had started with right hand clubs I would have been great. LOL

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We will be watching the final day (today) of the PGA Genesis Invitational. We were, still are actually, Tiger Woods fans. We know all of the top guys in the PGA. Don't even need to see their name come up on the tv! We know how the scoring goes, as in Pars, Bogeys, Birdies and Eagles. I have the PGA App on my iPhone and keep up with that.

Yea, I'd say we are golf/PGA fans!

Nancy Hart likes this.