Do You Have Any Shopping Horror Story?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Angel J More, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Angel J More

Angel J More Veteran Member
    Registered

Even in this paradise Eden called shopping mall or such similar place for shopaholics like me,there is at least one unfortunate incident that anyone can experience. In my case,my necklace was snatched from behind. It was just a slight tug which I almost didn't feel. I just noticed this teenage boy running in front of me and my gut feel told me to touch my neck. Before I could utter a word,he was gone and so was my necklace!

Lessons learned? Definitely! One of these is to be constantly on alert mode even when you're in shopping paradise.

Patsy Faye and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't recall anything for now except the garden hose that we purchased online. It is the blue garden hose that is expandable and very convenient to use because of its light weight. When the goods arrived, we immediately connected it to the faucet to test. But unlike the first garden hose that we bought, this one does not fit the faucet. Obviously there is a missing part because the instruction said to make sure the rubber ring fits before connecting to the faucet.

We returned the item and got a call to inquire on the details of my complaint. Noted. When the garden hose was returned, it's in the same pack and practically the same item, nothing was changed, nothing added. Now that garden hose cannot be used because the water leaks right in the connection with the faucet.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Women are just horrible in the supermarket. Not as bad as they are in a laundromat, but still horrible. Nearly every time I go shopping, I have to stand patiently behind a couple of women who meet in the aisle, then block it for a half hour while they are talking, with absolutely no concern for the people who have to walk all the way around the next aisle in order to reach anything beyond the obstruction they've created.

When they don't have a partner in crime, any one woman can block a large section of a shelf with her shopping cart and five children, who are instructed to position themselves so that no one can possibly get near anything on the shelves.

Women shouldn't be allowed in supermarkets. Guys know what they are looking for, and they'll go directly to it if they can find it. If they can't find it, they won't ask anyone, but will leave without it. Guys are in and out of a supermarket in five minutes. Women block each aisle for at least an hour before they move on to the next one.

The same is true at the checkout counter. A woman will get her cart far enough into the checkout lane to claim it as her own, then remember something that she had forgotten. Everyone behind her will have to wait the ten minutes it takes her to get back. She won't even begin to rummage through her purse for a card until after the items have been rung up, and will take that time to reorganize the items in her purse. She will then question every item on the receipt, and God help us if she has purchased eggs because she will remove every egg from the carton before being satisfied that they are still as intact as they were when she had done that over in the egg section of the market. Of course, she will then spend time talking to the clerk about the weather, her family, job, and anything else that comes up before moving away from the counter.

Guys, on the other hand, will have their card in hand when they approach the checkout counter. They will pay for their purchases promptly, and won't even notice any errors in the receipt. Unless the clerk is exceedingly cute, a guy doesn't even know that she has a name, and wouldn't think of making others wait while he asks about her family or anything else.

A guy is in and out of a supermarket in five minutes. As for women, the only reason most supermarkets have closing hours is that this is the only way that they can get some women to leave. Think of it like rebooting a computer.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Patsy Faye, Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

After my uncle died, I somehow got elected to drive my aunt to and from shopping trips and errands. My dad did a few times, then said he couldn't take it anymore. I soon learned why.

Every time another car appeared on the street we were driving on, my Aunt would suck in all the air in the car and brace herself for an impact. Auntie refused to leave her house before noon. Since I had to be to work on the afternoon shift then, time was limited for me.

Once, Auntie wanted a wind up alarm clock. I took her to Walmart to look at them. They had two. One was round face and one was square faced. Only two colors, off white and black. Auntie stood there for over 15 minutes picking up one or the other in each color. Both clocks were made in China. Time was running out for me so I picked one up and handed it to her and said I need to go to work soon, let's go.

I hated to take her shopping for clothes. She would buy some item of clothing, and the next day ask me to take her back so she could return it. After shopping she would always want to stop at her favorite restaurant. There, she would order coffee and a roll or something light, and sip and nibble. She would turn a cup of coffee and a roll into a 3 hour ordeal if I allowed her to.

When her son moved back to town, I turned her over to him.

Bobby Cole, Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

You guys are funny:p. I have a comeback for you though. I rarely go to shopping malls but when I'm at the flea market I'm always looking for tools for DIY projects. I tell you where has chivalry gone. I practically have to push my way between five or six men who are all talking to each other and oblivious to anyone else around them. The kicker is I can have the item I want and ready to pay and the vendor is involved in the conversations too. :(This happens every single time. How much can you talk about tools?:confused: It's like a reunion. If I leave and return the same thing but different group of men all talking to each other.

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I try to help the community by shopping at local businesses whenever I can. But that can be a problem too. Twice recently at local family owned business, when I went in the owner and some of his friends were sitting around talking and they seemed to resent the intrusion of someone coming in to buy something.

Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ken! KENNY! QUICK......GET BEHIND THE BARN DOOR! They're coming in droves with pitchforks and torches and screaming so loud I can't hear what they're saying! I got my sawed off 10 gauge out and loaded rock salt! I'll try to hold em' off until you can get a clean getaway! Use the buckskin, he's faster going through the woods. Hope to see you in the hereafter amigo because this looks like it might be it. Hurry up and git outa here! DUCK.....whew, that was a close one! She used a double barreled sling shot......looked like a $50.00 Victoria's Secret to me. Yeah,.....she's usin' them $200.00 spike heels as ammo. Ever see the damage they can do to a forehead?

Seriously Ken, I tried a similar piece in one of your other topics and was nearly de-stallionized and sent out to pasture by many of your lady posters. I automatically went into shame mode and appologized to each and every one for my obvious lack of consideration for the female thought process.
    Three of them actually said that their husbands did all of the shopping because they hated to do it. I did find it humorous though (but did not post it at the time) because there is no man who likes to see his wife go out and spend 6 hours shopping and the financial crisis that might ensue. It might just be that the gentlemen in question do the shopping out of basic financial survival and possibly.......downright fear. Dunno Ken......when the horse gives out, try to avoid those piles of buffalo manure while you're trampin' up on the north butte.
    I think you might have already stepped in a little. Whew! yup.

8. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken I know how you feel in the super market. I have seen women block the aisle while they visit with no concern for other people or th, ey stand there are talk about how they will cook what ever it is they are purchasing. I try to not go into a store during the busy times to avoid the crowds. The other thing I don't get when people are waiting for the bus why do you not have your money in your hand ready to drop into the collection box? Women wait until they get onto the bus and start to look for their metro card or money holding up the line of people behind them waiting to get onto the bus. My card is in my hand and the money is ready if I need to add to my balance.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Ken said:
    "A guy is in and out of a supermarket in five minutes. As for women, the only reason most supermarkets have closing hours is that this is the only way that they can get some women to leave. Think of it like rebooting a computer."

I say:
    It is a well-known fact among most women that men sometimes like to rush through pleasurable experiences, whereas, we women simply love to enjoy the experience as much and for as long as possible......

Von Jones, Ike Willis and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

That actually happened to my wife back when we were still in the States! I wasn't with her, but she told me that suddenly, a guy ran up to her, snatched her golden necklace (it was a gift from me for our anniversary, 16 carat gold) and then bolted out of there. She was really sad about that necklace, but I bought her a new one shortly after.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:My Aunt had a similar experience to you. She was out shopping when she stopped to make a call at a pay phone. As she began her call someone came from behind her and knocked her down and stole her necklace. She got bruised and called the police reporting the incident. She was so shook by it that her daughter got her a cell phone. My Aunt passed 2 years ago. A couple of days before she passed the pendant she game me was lost as I walked to the bus stop as the chain I wore broke. Nothing like it ever happened before!:confused:

Ike Willis likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis - I liked your story of your Aunt buying a clock......and how time was running out!:D

Ike Willis likes this.
  14. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't think of any horror experiences while shopping except noticing that the item I had come in for was not on sale anymore... Wah! Another thing is losing my car in the parking lot, after the shop, now that has happened to me more than time or two. I am more careful about where I am parking these days and use landmarks, because the worst thing ever is wandering around in the stupid parking lot,,,with a basketful of items wondering where the heck your vehicle is!

Ike Willis likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis - LOL !! :D
    As for me, I'm with the guys on this - I won't go shopping with a woman - no way Pedro
    I know what I want and I won't be diverted. I know the final bill when I get to the till and me money is ready to go
    I'd be even quicker if me legs would follow as quick :p

Ike Willis likes this.