Do You Really Trust The Medical System

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Human Experiments You'll Never Believe Happened | United States Germ Warfare Pre-1970

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't have time to watch a video right now, but I don't doubt that US medical researchers have committed atrocities that would make Mengele look like a piker. While there is much that is good about this country, a lot of bad things have been done by experts who are allowed to operate in secret, particularly when they are persuaded their own importance in the larger scheme, as compared to the value of the rest of us, and who are led to believe that the advance of their agenda justifies the means.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Who else should I trust in my position as a sick person urgently and constantly needing medical treatment and medication?

4. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

IMO it is a fine line between research/treatment and atrocities. Remember when lobotomies were all the rage in treating mental illness or the thalidomide babies of the 1950s and 1960s.

I'm more concerned about the shift of medicine from a profession to an industry.

I would feel more comfortable if my care was in the hands of medical professionals than in the hands of corporate beancounters but that's progress.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Medicine has changed over the past 40-50 years in the U.S. I cannot speak to what has happened in other countries. Medicine was once a "Calling", similar to the Ministry, but it has now become a job instead of a calling. Doctors get out of Med School now and want to work a 9 to 5 job. They look on medicine in the same way that lawyers look on the Law, as a way to make a good living and be in a respected place in society. Nursing has been downgraded as well, with the 3-year nursing programs with 2 years of clinical work being replaced by a simple Associate Degree with some but not as much clinical training, just as their job has gotten more complicated and more demanding. If any of your have ever sat on a Risk Management Committee or Safety Committee in any hospital anywhere in the U.S., you would know what I mean. The number of errors committed monthly is terrible. Nurse Practitioners have taken over much of the work once done by GPs or Family Doctors, but they have only about 1/10 of the clinical hours of training that a doctor would have. Much of the change is due to changes in society, and a lot is due to government interference and reimbursement. I think I have spouted about Medicare in other places here, so there is no reason to repeat that. Administrators and "bean counters" once had little say in how medicine was practiced, but that is now changed, and the bean counters are necessary in order to keep hospitals and clinics from going bankrupt. It is all very sad, but I fear it is only going to get worse.

6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

People in general have a short memory and they do not want to remember bad things. The medical history is full of discussing things so we put them aside. The public puts the doctors and medical system back on the pedestal as being the best.
    Truth hurts sometimes especially when it comes from the people you trust. Type into a search medical system is the third leading cause of death in the US and you will find the medical system itself saying that.
    https://www.cnbc.com/.../medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

Medical research site
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28186008

They are still experimenting on you

Beatrice Taylor and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't trust most of the people who are in charge of our Medical system because I feel the majority are mostly interested in lining their pockets instead of really caring about keeping people healthy. Just like in our Government, the Medical system has those who have only their best interests at heart and not ours.

And yet there are some caring and compassionate people in the Medical profession who really want to help others but often find that they are hitting road blocks right and left by those in charge who don't care.

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m pretty much okay with the medical practioners we have to deal with but the insurance companies which back those practioners is a whole different subject.
    Since the insurance business has it’s hands on somewhere in the neighborhood of 98% of all the money in the U.S., there’s no getting around the fact that they dictate nearly everything in regard to our medical needs.
    No matter which insurance carrier we use, they dictate who the doctor is going to be (networking), what procedures we’re allowed to have, when a procedure can be done, which prescriptions we’re allowed to obtain and the list goes on.

My wife was just denied a dental procedure that she needs and a thyroid prescription that she also needs.
    No matter what the doctors say, they’re still under the thumbs of the insurance business unless a patient pays everything out of pocket.

9. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

As I understand it now, Martin's focus was more on cutting-edge medical research, and here again, particularly on such research involving ethical questions as in the case of genetically edited children in China which became known yesterday.

I'd still see a difference between that kind of research and everyday medical treatment by practitioners which so many people are dependent on. True, certain treatments are offered in order to earn some extra money. I can easily refuse those and that's what I often do.

Beatrice Taylor and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Of course you can trust the medical community as much as you can trust anyone. Some years years back the military conducted experiments with LSD and perhaps some other druVA would be a good place to do testing that might help humankind. But worldwide suspect that is not so unusual.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Experimentation has to be done if new developments in medicine are going to be discovered, but the subjects should be voluntary. If I had cancer (again) and I was given a choice between surgery, chemo-therapy, or some new drug that showed good results in trials, I might volunteer for it.

I have a problem when government mandates procedures or medications that later turn out to be wrong. Like in the 1950s, when children throughout the country were lined up in gymnasiums, often without even their parent's knowledge, and vaccinated with the same needle. Some of these kids received blood diseases that came from someone else who was stuck with the same needle but, even more significantly, the vaccination used may have been responsible for introducing cancers that still plague us today.

Even today, with mandatory vaccinations, thousands of people are screaming that there is a connection between these vaccinations and autism, and this includes quite a few medical professionals. I don't know if this is the case or not, but parents should have a right to make that decision. Maine does not have mandatory vaccinations but our newly elected Democrat Congress will probably introduce it during the next couple of years.

There are also possible connections between vaccinations, particularly multiple dose injections, and cancer, and there is no question but that cancers sometimes occur at the site of the injection, so it would make sense to me that other cancers may also be connected to such vaccinations.

At some point in the future, we might be looking back at vaccinations as we are at the many other medical miracles that turned out to have done more harm than good. They may well save lives, but they might also take them. They should not be mandatory.

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I hope people don’t think I am against doctors as that is not so. Doctors are caught up in this even more than you think. Doctors are educated by a system taken over by the pharmaceutical industry just look up Rockefeller medicine. They are educated here is the problem and here is the drug you treat it with. If doctors stray too far off this standard of medicine their license to practice is taken away so all that hard work and education was a waist. So they are trapped follow what we tell you or else. Chiropractors was a field of medicine that needed as much education to practice but for years the doctors call them quacks and discredit them. Then the chiropractors sued the AMA for slander ended up winning a judgment of 25 million dollars and an apology. Doctors are caught in that old catch 22 dilemma if they step out of the standard of care they can lose their licenses even if he cures the person, if on other side if he kills someone and used standard of care it is OK. There is one doctor here in the DR I know and we have talked a lot he will not vaccinate his children he has got so frustrated with the medical system because their refusal to look at alternatives he quit for a while and taught science in school.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think we have discussed vaccinations and medical experimentation previously, but I haven't searched so I don't know for sure. It could have been elsewhere. There are good vaccines and not-so-good vaccines. One of the best introduced in recent years is the HIB vaccine. Haemophilus (Hemophilus) influenza type B was a major killer of children until at least the 1990s, but is unheard of now in vaccinated children. Chickenpox and Hepatitis A vaccines have suppressed those diseases, but those diseases were not responsible for large numbers of deaths, just some misery (except in compromised populations). I have developed the belief that some viral infections are necessary for the development of normal immune systems in humans, and that process may be being interrupted by unnecessary vaccines. Just my thoughts, not backed by research. I think many vaccines are wonderful, were developed using human "guinea pigs" and have saved many lives over the years. I myself was a test subject in recombinant Hepatitis B vaccine trials in the early 1990s.. I don't think, however, that people, especially children should be subjected to vaccines fro diseases to which they will never be exposed. I don't really think any particular vaccine is linked to autism, but I think perhaps the number of vaccines given to a child MAY be. When I was a child, we received 5 vaccines prior to entering school, and most of those were around the age of 5. Now children receive 18-21 vaccines before they are 18 months old, many against diseases to which they will not be exposed, at least in childhood.

14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

After letting thousands of people die literally killing them the AMA finally rescinded their order to blocking a known cure HCQ for this virus. This is a crime.

15. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If someone is tested, from all I've seen this year, it only leads to trouble. (but they're already in 'trouble' for thinking the test is something useful or good or right....) i.e. it doesn't help, and no good can come from trusting it. If it is required for some job or activity, no choice - but still do not rely on it, don't trust it.