Do You Spend A Lot Of Time On Hold Trying To Phone Some One?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

The problem for me is in trying to reach different doctors office. Same with trying to reach different businesses.
    It must be due to COVID 19 , FIRES & STORMS Nothing seems to be running right.

2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I spend a lot of time on hold only when a restroom is not within reasonable distance.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't been to a doctor since last January, but I imagine the hold times are long for all services these days. Most offices are working on skeleton crews if they are open at all. I can make appointments for my doctors online so that's what I would do instead of calling. I can also email my PCP and she will respond to my questions.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Lucky you------None of my docs use email with patients.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Lots of businesses I've tried to contact across the country do not have their staff coming in to the office. Some customer service reps work from home, others tell you to communicate via email. I imagine it depends on where they are and how their state is responding. It likely also depends on how fast they were able to set up Remote Working...if at all.

The doctors offices around here are running on full staff as far as I have seen, although for a while they were in "Urgent Need Only" mode.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

'My wife spends more time on hold than I do because she’s more patient than I am.
    I only hang on for a limited amount of time until I hang up and may God bless the person who calls me and puts me on hold.
    If a person isn’t ready to talk to me and have all their ducks in a row, don’t call me and put me on hold.

The sad part of using today’s cell phones is that I can’t slam the phone down on its cradle thereby getting rid of a little frustration after being put on hold. There were some limitations to that of course especially when the phone base was hanging on a wall. A good anxiety relieving slam could create a DIY job of repairing the drywall where the phone once hung.

Stoicism and telephones are not comparable partners.

7. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

OMG, I wish I could have back all the time I've been on hold or working through recorded menus or listening to their idiot music. I want to talk to a person. Companies, govt. offices .... all the same thing. Hours of my life wasted.

Lon Tanner and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Right on to all of that.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Basically, I can only communicate with my VA doctor thru her LPN, but that LPN is very efficient in returning any private messages I send thru the VA website. But, sitting and waiting "on hold" isn't that good for me. Depending on the length of time, I will hang up. Sometimes I will hear a recording saying "you are (whatever number) in line to be answered". If number is too high..........I hang up.

Lon Tanner and Bobby Cole like this.