Do You Still Go Out At Night, For Dinner Etc.?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kitty Carmel, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

When I was younger I did with a couple of friends I had. This was when I was in my 20's. I haven't gone out socially in ages. The last time I was ever out at night was well over 10 years ago. I went to a show in San Francisco and had a couple of drinks at the hotel bar afterwards alone.

It's Saturday night and I realized I never go out. Not sure I would want to anymore. I don't like to eat out. But it was fun back in the day.

This of coarse doesn't count shopping late or for me, working the evening shift for the past 8 years. I'm talking about strictly social or entertainment wise.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Not as often as we once did, but yes we still go out in the evening occasionally...mostly lunches now...or days out to somewhere on the weekends..

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We have never been much for going out to eat, or anything that has large crowds, involves highways or is at night. We are such
    bores...but hey ..we are safe, sound and happy together. :p

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Never! The only time we eat out is when we have to be in town for a dr. appointment or some such thing and happen to be in town around noon. We never go out in the evenings.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes but only when I'm at my daughter's or son's house. I don't like going out alone so I don't.

When my ex was still in my life we would go out at night occasionally but preferred during the day more.

6. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Since I now live alone, I don't like going out to dinner by myself. But when I have visitors I still enjoy going out in the evening.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Same here, we usually go at lunchtime/early afternoon and never at night. Several reasons why that works better for us. We don't like to drive at night, for one, and lunch prices are usually better than dinner prices, especially when there is a lunch special, or early-bird dinner special, or just the senior special like someplaces have.
    Actually, going around 2-3 PM is about when we like to go, if we are having lunch somewhere. We have gotten hungry by then, since it is a long time after breakfast, and early enough that it counts for both lunch and dinner, and we only eat something light later on in the day, and not a heavy supper meal.

Sheldon Scott and Hoot Crawford like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We're more likely to go out for breakfast.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We go to a grocery store in the evening, after my wife comes home from work, and buy a deli sandwich for dinner or will go to Cracker Barrel sometimes for supper. We do buy food at the grocery store, but sure don't cook as much as we use to. The main times we eat out are on the weekends.

As for entertainment, day or night, there is very little here for us to do. During the week, we are pretty much "home bodies" in front of our tv. On weekends we will sometimes go to a afternoon or evening movie. We like socializing, but 99% of the folks here just don't appeal to us and have no interest in our interests and visa/versa.

We have gone out at night here before, to see a band we know, but due to so much crime in this city, we just don't trust that much being out at night much. Wife doesn't like driving at night, so I'll do it.

Sometimes I think that people should "socialize" more. If there was more to do here, we'd be out more, but then again, concerning the crime here, not sure about that.

10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

We go out occasionally with my son's family but it's really expensive and the food usually not that good. Just a social occasion.

11. Ann George

Ann George Veteran Member
    Registered

We too rarely eat out at Dinner time as it is usually too expensive, too busy etc. Also the early evening is often when hubby has to catch up on his zzzzs due to a missed afternoon nap LOL. We do however eat out occasionally for Lunch as that seems to work better for us overall.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Honestly, I don't have the energy to go out in the evening to eat or do much of anything else anymore. I am asleep for the night often before it even gets dark outside, but then again I am awake before the sun comes up often too.

I'm also not into eating big meals late in the day...I prefer my heaviest meals somewhere between 11am-2pm.

This not having much energy or being able to stay awake at night does cramp my social life even with Family activities sometimes...but then I guess that is just a part of aging for some of us and my Family accepts this as just part of me.

13. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Since we discovered Grubhub, DoorDash and the like,
    we order-in more than going out.

Food just seems to taste better when I'm in my 'jammies'...:)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tim Burr Order in. Now that's an unused idea around here. Do they deliver or do you go pick up?

15. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

They deliver. Price is reasonable and between the different services, they cover just about every
    place we would dine at anyway.