Do You Think You Grew Old Healthy, Fit And Gracefully?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Amy Read, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Amy Read

Amy Read Veteran Member
    Registered

At this point in your age do you think you grew old healthy, fit and gracefully?

When you are younger are you living a healthy lifestyle which is your investment that is why now you are still fit and healthy at your age?

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

We do pay, in later years, for the abuse we gave our bodies when we were young. I have been blessed with good health, all my life.;)

[​IMG]

Ruby Begonia and Amy Read like this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I hope so. But it's not as good as I hoped. We stopped diabetes 2 at our home! We drink bitter melon tea, changed our diet of rice to add with white rice, brown rice, black rice, barley and green lentils if we eat rice at all. Now we try to eat more whole wheat breads, oatmeal and sugar free or no sugar added foods and pastries. Now if we can stop LDL cholesterol the same way it'll be good. Going to try strawberry juices with apple juice now on for I've been reading articles about these 2 fruits and they lower LDL cholesterol naturally!

Ruby Begonia and Amy Read like this.
  4. Amy Read

Amy Read Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Amy Read

Amy Read Veteran Member
    Registered

They said if you had a diabetes it is already in your blood but you can still live a meaningful and happy life. Having a healthy eating and active lifestyle like what you are doing will really help in managing and controling your diabetes.

6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

If you ignore the year 2011 then I've been healthy all my life :)

7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Grew old?! WHO grew old?! :D Hmmm.... well, I'm sure since you're a member here, Amy, you're over 50 yourself, right? When did YOU start feeling old? At 50? 55? Please share! As for me, I haven't "grown old"... and hopefully never will.

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh @Joe Riley , how could you DO this to me?! o_O I didn't get half way through before "they" started... but then the ending... oh my. You definitely owe me a cup of coffee for this, mister! I enjoyed listening... thank you for sharing this!

10. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I can say that my husband is healthy and fit. At age 61, he can still climb the stairs to his office on the 4th floor even if they have an elevator. He does the morning exercise of 20 or more push ups after some bending and stretching plus his anti-bulge hand grip exercise. About me, I'm 53 and suffering from high blood pressure with maintenance medication. I'm overweight at 160 pounds for my frame of 5 feet 4 inches. Maybe I need to change my lifestyle but the stress comes from my work in the bank so that's a dead end for now. Maybe when I get to retire, that's the time I can inulge in a healthier lifestyle.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*We actually stopped it and diabetese went back to normal for my Mom and she doesn't have to take any meds any longer, wich is great!
    *We actually don't have to take any meds now. I never started taking meds for diabetes and my Mom doesn't have to take any meds any longer for diabetes which is great! We maintain a better diet and exercise more too. I went to the eye doctor and my eye doctor says I've no diabetes in my eyes too. I changed our diets too and we drink the Okinawan bitter melon juice I get after par boiling it. We drink the tea that's made from boiling the bitter melon and bought bitter melon tea so we have it every week. All you have to do is clean out the seeds from the bitter melon after you've cleaned the outside of the bitter melon. Then salt both sides and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse and boil it to taste. When you boil it use lots of water so you can drink the water after you boil your Okinawan bitter melon when it's cooled. We have a pitcher of it in our frig and my Mom loves it and so do I. So far so good for keeping diabetes at bay!

Yvonne Smith and Ruby Begonia like this.
  12. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't really look after my body in my youth, my eating habits were poor not liking vegetables or meat I lived on a high carbohydrate diet. I have never exercised as such, but did walk a lot. My saving grace I guess I have never smoked and didn't touch alcohol until my late 40s.
    After 50 I started to take an interest in healthy eating and became a vegetarian for 10 years but lapsed though I only eat very little meat these days.
    I have had the luck of good health all my life, and apart from poor sleeping and a single pill for high blood pressure, I am healthy and don't feel old at all at 74.
    Can't say I am growing old gracefully though :rolleyes:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, sort of. 3 years ago I found out I had type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol, thankfully these are manageable. I quit smoking last March.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been on a diet all my life it seems, now I just try to eat healthy.

I quit smoking too...about 8 or 9 yrs ago. Some people can tell you to the second how long it's been since they smoked. For some reason all I can remember is it was in November and before I got Pickles.

Terry Page and Ruby Begonia like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Now that I am thinking about it, I smoked around my children but not my dog. Shame on me.